1.The Cabinet approved the establishment and operation of seven new IIM permanent campuses located in Amritsar, Bodh Gaya, Nagpur, Sambalpur, Sirmour, Visakhapatnam and Jammu :-
Prime Union Cabinet Amritsar Shri Narendra Modi presided , Bodh Gaya , Nagpur , Sambalpur , Sirmour , Visakhapatnam and Jammu-based installation of permanent premises of seven new IIMs and their operation and membership 3775.42 crore for recurring expenditure (2999.96 crore non Recursive and recurring expenditure of Rs 775.46 crores). These IIMs were established in the year 2015-16 / 2016-17. Currently, these institutes are working with temporary campuses.
2.After the 12th Five Year Plan, the Cabinet approved the Centrally Sponsored Head Scheme of Integrated Development of Wild Life Natural Habitat:-
Under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Integrated Development of Wild Life Natural Habitat (CSS-IDWH) in the 12th Five Year Plan from 2017-18 to 2019-20. This includes Centrally Sponsored Project Tiger Scheme (CSS-PT) , Wildlife Natural Habitat Plan (CSS-DWH) and Project Elephant (CSS-PE) scheme. Total expenditure from 2017-18 to 2019-20 in the form of Central share is Rs. 1731.72 crore (Rs. 1143 crores for Project Tiger, Rs. 496.50 crores for the development of wildlife habitat and 92.22 crores for Project Elephants).
A total of 18 state projects with tigers spread across five parts of the country will be benefited under the Tiger Plan. Similarly, for the other two schemes, the entire country will be included in the development of wildlife habitat and 23 states of elephant. Apart from this, there will be special support for elephants in Tigers and Project Elephants in Project Tiger besides Wildlife Conservation.
3. Dr. Arif Rahman Alvi was elected the 13th President of Pakistan:-
Dr. Arif Rahman Alvi has been elected as the 13th President of Pakistan. Election Commission from Pakistan released results on Tuesday evening
Out of the 430 votes cast in the National Assembly and the Senate, the candidate of the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf Party, Alvi, gets the 2012 votes. Fazlurmahman of Mutahahida Majlis-e-Amal, supported by PML-N, got 131 votes, whereas Pejap’s Ejaz favor received 81 votes. 6 votes were canceled.
4. India’s Om Prakash Mithwal won the gold medal in the World Shooting Championship:-
India’s Om Prakash Mitharwal won its first gold medal in the ongoing World Shooting Championship in South Korea. In the 50-meter pistol event, Mithawar stayed on top with 564 points. Asian Games gold medalist Saurabh Chaudhary and Abhidnya Patil won the bronze medal in the 10 meter Air Pistol Mixed Team Competition in the junior category.
India has so far won three medals, three gold, three silver and two bronze medals in the third place.
5. Announcement of continuation of Jan Dhan Yojana and doubling overdraft limit by Central Government:-
The Central Government has announced the Prime Minister Jan-Dhan Yojana, the world’s largest financial inclusion plan, to continue it. Also, it has been decided to extend its per capita per adult to the family.
- Ministry of Finance has released an annual return form for registered commercial establishments under the goods and services tax:-
The Ministry of Finance has released the annual return filling form for the business establishments registered under the goods and services tax-GST. The form will give details of the benefits of sales, purchase and input tax credits made during the financial year 2017-18. Annual return forms can be submitted till December 31 this year.
In addition, the overdraft (OD) and sum insured received in the Janhanan account has been doubled. This decision was taken in a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 05 September 2018.
Main point of announcement –
• Initially Jan Dhan Yojana was started for four years which ended on 14th August this year.
• Now the plan will continue till the next decision and when it will end, this decision will be taken later.
• The purpose of Jan Dhan Yojana was to first account one family but now the account of all the adults of every family can be opened.
• The limit of overdraft (OD) on current public funds accounts will be 5,000 rupees but for the new accounts, it has been decided to make this limit to Rs. 10,000.
• In addition to this, the amount of money received under the Accidental Insurance Scheme related to the Rupee card received under this scheme has been increased from Rs one lakh to two lakh rupees, which will be for account holders who open after 28 August 2018.
• There will be no condition for OD of up to two thousand rupees and the age of those who take the obesity is 18 to 60 years, which has been increased to 65 years now.
• 1.11 lakh people have been involved in the Atal Pension Scheme and this plan was terminating in August 2018 but now it has been decided to continue it further.
7. Government approves wages of artisans to exceed 36% :-
The Ministry of Central, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has approved the proposal maintained by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). In this proposal, KVIC had asked to increase the wages by 36 percent.
With this approval, the wages of artisans will increase from Rs 5.50 per lac to Rs 7.50 per lull. This proposal will be quite beneficial for workers working in the Khadi industry.
With the payment of Government Subsidy Modified Market Development Assistance (MMDA), this proposal will be considered effective from August 15, 2018 for the increase in wages to the Khadi Spinners.
Key facts –
• Under the MMDA program, Khadi institutions are paid 30 percent of the principal cost as production subsidy.
• 40 percent of the 30 percent wages go to the artisans as incentives and the remaining 60 percent go to Khadi institutions.
• Payment of wages incentives is done directly to the accounts of artisans through direct benefit transfer by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
8. Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Piyush Goyal launched a website related to Kumbh Mela :-
Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal also launched the website Kumbh.gov.in and social media app related to Kumbh Mela in Lucknow Lohababan. Important information related to Kumbh has been given in this website.
Through the website, the specialty of Allahabad has also been kept among the people. How to reach the place of passengers’ facilities, where to stop, the option of knowing the location of the Prayagraj and the weather has also been made available. Visitor Services has also provided information about disaster management, including emergency facilities, traffic plans, security services, lost-foundations.
9.Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh resigned as the Regional Director of India, again elected for the second term :-
India has again retained the WHO’s highest position in the Southeast Asia region as well as being unanimously elected as Regional Director of Dr. Poonam Khatpal Singh for the second term of 5 years starting from February 2019. This election happened in the ongoing meeting of the regional committee of WHO South East Asia. Thanking all the member countries for supporting India’s candidate, Union Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda said that we express gratitude on getting unanimous support of all the member countries of the region. Congratulating Dr. Poonam Khatpal Singh on the re-election, the Union Health Minister said that in the South East Asia Regional Office, This region has emerged with the highest performance at the global level in program and financial implementation under the leadership of Singh. He said that his commitment to public sector health agenda in member countries is clear in the achievements of important programs being run in the field.
10.Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won gold at junior world championship, world record :-
Saurabh Chaudhary, who won gold medal in the recently concluded Asian Games, has once again performed amazing. This time, he won gold medal in the 10th Air Pistol Junior Men’s Competition at the 52nd ISSF Shooting World Championship. In this champagne in Changwana, Saurabh has also made a world record in the junior category.
16-year-old Saurabh made the third spot in the final with a score of 581. In the final series shot, from which the Gold Medalist was to be decided, Saurabh took a 3-point lead from his Korean rival Hogan Lim. Despite missing a shot of 10 in the final, it also broke junior world records with 245.5 points.
India’s Arjun Cheema won the bronze medal with 218 points in the final. He made 577 points and finished sixth in the final.