- After 25 years, Manik Sarkar steps down as Tripura CM :- Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar tendered his resignation to Governor Tathagata Roy, who asked him to continue in office till the next Chief Minister takes over. The BJP-IPFT coalition has swept the polls, winning 43 of the 59 seats for which elections were held. The BJP secured 35 seats in the 60-member assembly while its ally IPFT, a tribal based party, has won eight seats.
- National Safety Day: 4 March :- National Safety Day is a Day which is used to make every people get safe from many issues such as Financial Loss, Health problems and also any types of problems in the life of the citizens. It is used to celebrate to become more secure from the activities which reflect and change the situation of the people in many ways evil as well as good ways. It is celebrated on the 4th March every year in India by the National Safety Council of India.
- Odisha govt launches ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ programme :- The Odisha government has launched a programme Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas (Our Village, our development) to reach out to the people in rural areas and involve themselves in the developmental activities. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik flagged off mobile video vans for ‘Ama Gaon Ama Vikas’ programme that will move across the State to highlight various welfare schemes at villages in the state. He said this initiative administration will help people in solving their grievances instantly.
- Conrad Sangma Will be the Next CM of Meghalaya :- In Meghalaya, NPP chief Conrad K Sangma met Governor Ganga Prasad and submitted the letter of support from other parties. The swearing-in of Conard as the chief minister will take place on March 5. In Tripura, the government formation process is expected to be completed by March 10.
- Hindu woman elected to Pakistan’s senate in historic first :- Kirshna Kumari Kolhi from Pakistan’s Sindh province has become the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in pakistan. Kolhi, 39, from Thar is a member of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari-led Pakistan People s Party (PPP). She was elected on a minority seat from Sindh. Kolhi belongs to a remote village in Nagarparkar district of Thar in Sindh province.
- Shooter Rizvi wins World Cup gold :- Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi created a new world record on his way to the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup. Rizvi registered a world record score of 242.3 points in the final. The Indian beat reigning Olympic champion Christian Reitz of Germany, who had to settle for the silver. India’s Jitu Rai bagged the bronze with 219.
- Literateur Prafulla Das passes away :- Literateur Prafulla Das passed away at his residence at Rajkanika in Kendrapara district. He was 91. He was a recipient of the prestigious “Sarala Award” for his achievement in the literary field. ‘Banhimana’, the biography of freedom fighter Malati Chaudhury, brought him the Sarala Award in 2014.
- Dr Jitendra Singh attended the social media launch of “Namaste Shalom” :- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the social media of “Namaste Shalom”, a magazine devoted to India-Israel relations. The magazine is edited by former MP Shri Tarun Vijay. Israeli Ambassador to India, Mr. Daniel Carmon and other dignitaries were also present.