- 6 lakh villages will get internet connectivity by 2024
- The Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar , according to India Net Program ( Bharat Net Programme ) of India under 6 lakh villages of the 2024 Internet connectivity will. According to Rajeev Chandrashekhar, so far about 2.8 lakh villages have got internet facility. The government is working towards its objective of providing internet facility for every family and access to internet for every member in the family with low cost device. The Central Government has launched Digital Village Program under which one village in each district will be provided with better internet connectivity. So far 5,000 digital villages have been developed in India.
2. Cabinet approves implementation of National Mission on Edible Oils – Oil Palm with a financial outlay of over Rs.11 thousand crores
- Prime Minister chaired the Cabinet meeting palm oil (palm oil) and for the went approves the beginning of a new mission, named the national edible oil-palm oil mission ( Anmio-OP ‘s). This is a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme and its focus is on the North Eastern Region and Andaman and Nicobar Islands . The dependence of edible oils is largely dependent on imports, so it is necessary to accelerate the production of edible oils in the country itself. For this, increasing the area and yield of palm oil is very important. The financial outlay of this scheme is Rs.11 thousand 40 crores. of which the Government of India will bear eight thousand eight hundred 44 crore rupees and the share of the states will be two thousand one hundred and 96 crore rupees. Under this scheme, by 2025-26, an additional area of 6.05 lakh hectares will be made available for palm oil. In this way the target of one million hectare area for palm oil will be met. Crude palm oil production is expected to increase to 11.20 million tonnes by 2025-26 and to 2.8 million tonnes by 2029-30.
3. BSNL to provide high speed internet facility in North Eastern States. and the Universal Service Liability Fund
- The states of the Northeast region of the country the Internet to access fast speed and high quality to provide Universal Service Obligation Fund USOF by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, BSNL has signed an agreement with. Under this Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited-BSCCL Ten Gbps international bandwidth for the purpose of internet connectivity from Bangladesh to Agartala via Coxbazar and Kuakata.will be rented. Under the agreement, USOF International will provide financial assistance to BSNL for bandwidth rental over a period of three years. The availability of high speed internet access will facilitate citizens to access various e-services like e-governance, e-education, e-health, e-commerce, e-banking etc.
4. Odisha government extends the sponsorship period for the national hockey team by 10 years
- The Odisha government has extended the sponsorship period for the national hockey team by another ten years . Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in BhubaneswarThe announcement was made at a function organized to welcome the Olympic players of the men’s and women’s national hockey teams in Mumbai. Announcing the extension of the sponsorship period for the men’s and women’s national hockey teams by ten years, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said that Odisha and hockey are committed to become synonymous with each other. He said that a new era will begin for Indian hockey and the pride of the nation will return. Chief Minister Shri Patnaik presented Rs.10 lakh to each sportsperson and Rs.5 lakh to the support staff for the historic victory in Tokyo Olympics. Speaking on the occasion, Captain Manpreet Singh of the men’s hockey team said that Odisha is like a family to them and Odisha has contributed to their success in Tokyo Olympics 2020.
5. Indian Navy conducts bilateral maritime exercise with Vietnam People’s Navy frigate in South China Sea
- South China Sea into the Indian Navy in order to deploy ongoing ships INS Ranvijay and INS Cora by 18 August 2021 the Vietnam People’s Navy (VPN) to Lee Vipians Thai So (HQ -012) bilaterally with warship maritime military exercises did. The bilateral exercise aims to take forward the strong relationship shared by the navies of the two countries and is an important step towards further strengthening India-Vietnam defense ties.
6. Atal Innovation Mission launches Student Entrepreneurship Program 3.0 in association with Dassault Systems
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) NITI Aayog has launched the third series of ‘ Student Entrepreneurship Program ‘ ( SEP 3.0 ) for young innovators from Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in collaboration with La Fondation Dassault Systems in India . Theme of Student Entrepreneurship Program 3.0 ‘ Made in 3D-Seed the Future Entrepreneurs Program‘, which was designed and launched in France in 2017 by the La Main la Pate Foundation and La Fondation Dassault Systems Europe. As part of this programme, a team from each school (6 students and one teacher) will be tasked with creating their own start-up using 3D printing, designing and prototyping, creating marketing campaigns, defining product pricing and Seed funding will be allocated for the expansion strategy. This will give them a real feel of ‘how a startup works’. At the end of the event, each school startup will participate in a playful competition and present its marketing campaign to industry and academia experts.
7. Inaugurated an International Exhibition on Folk and Tribal Art Painting “Journey of Artifacts by Ways”
- Textile Ministry Secretary Mr. Upendra Prasad Singh said OD Art Center of Development Commissioner Cooperation Office, Hstshilpdwara held at the National Crafts Museum and handicraft Academy of Public and International Exhibition “tribal art painting Travel Klakritionka the tradition inaugurated”. In this , 125 folk and tribal paintings from seven countries have been put on display, including 102 from India, eight from South Korea, one from Indonesia, two from Myanmar, two from Sri Lanka, three from Bangladesh and seven from Nepal. This special exhibition (from 18th August to 3rd September) has been curated by National Crafts Museum and Hastkala Akademi, New Delhi in collaboration with OD Art Centre.
8. Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal attended the meeting of Culture Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) organized by Tajikistan
- Union Minister of State for Culture Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal attended the meeting of Culture Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) member countries on August 18, 2021 . This meeting was hosted by Tajikistan during its presidential term of the ongoing Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in 2021.done during. The Minister of State for Culture cited India’s initiative for an online exhibition on ‘Shared Buddhist Heritage’ and translation of best Indian texts into official languages (Russian and Chinese) of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) member countries. Mr. Meghwal appreciated the efforts of Tajikistan to propose agreements on cooperation in the field of conservation of cultural heritage. In this meeting, it was agreed about the regulations for the grand event related to the arts festival of the member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
9. Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh informed about setting up of a separate IAS/Civil Services Examination Center for Ladakh, which will be established in Leh
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, nuclear energy and space, Minister of State Dr. Singh said Ladakh a different IAS / Civil Services Examination Center about the establishment of this information, which Leigh will be installed in This was announced soon after Ladakh’s Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur met Union Minister Jitendra Singh at the DoPT headquarters in North Block to discuss the appointment of IAS officers and other service-related issues in the context of Ladakh. According to an official statement released after the meeting, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will also have an examination center in Leh from this year, where the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021 will be conducted for the first time. This exam is scheduled to be held on October 10 this year.
10. The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bangladesh on Cooperation in the field of Disaster Management, Sustainability and Mitigation
- Prime Minister chaired the cabinet under the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Republic of India, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and Disaster Management and Relief Ministry , Bangladesh disaster management between the People’s Republic, Liveability and cooperation in the area of mitigation, March 2021 was apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed. Under this MoU, efforts will be made to establish a system whereby India and Bangladesh; Both countries will benefit from each other’s disaster management system. This will also help in strengthening the areas of preparedness, quick rescue and relief work and capacity building in the field of disaster management.
11. Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and the United States of America for cooperation in the field of Geology
- Prime Minister chaired the Cabinet ‘s cooperation in the field of geology for the Geological Survey of India (GSI) , Ministry of Mines, the Government of the Republic and Florida International University (FIU) Earth and Environment Department of Arts, Science and Education College , on behalf of the United States of America has given its approval for the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between its Board of Trustees. This MoU will provide an institutional mechanism between the Geological Survey of India (GSI) and Florida International University (FIU) for cooperation in the field of geology.
12. Cattle Island of Hirakud Reservoir selected as a sightseeing spot
- Odisha Forest and Environment Department is launching ecotourism package for the tourists to the islands of Hirakud reservoir . One of the three islands in the Hirakud reservoir Kettle Island ( Cattle Island ) has been selected as the sightseeing. Cattle Island is located at one of the extreme points of Hirakud Reservoir. It is completely inhabited by wild animals and there is no interference of human beings here. It is near Kumarbandh village of Belpahar-Banharpali range which is situated in Sambalpur district of Odisha.About 90 km from is far. The island is a submerged hill and it was a developed village before the construction of Hirakud Dam. The villagers had left some of their cattle here during the resettlement period; And after the construction of the dam was over, these cattle settled on the top of the hill. As soon as the area started submerging after the construction of the dam, the cattle migrated to Bhujapahar, a high place in Jharsuguda district. Later it was named ‘Cattle Island’. Hirakud Dam is about 15 km upstream of Sambalpur city of Odisha. It is built in the Mahanadi river at a distance of Rs.
13. emergency visa for afghanistan
- Recently, the Government of India has introduced new rules related to a special category of electronic visa- ‘ e-Emergency X-Misc Visa ‘ to facilitate immediate applications for entry into India . These new visa provisions are specifically designed for Afghan nationals.Because the situation in Afghanistan has become very worrying since the occupation of the Taliban. This type of visa is issued to foreign nationals who are not included in the existing categories of visas, but are required to come to India immediately due to a specific emergency. Thus, single-entry visas are usually issued by Indian Missions/Posts for a reasonable period of time. According to the old rules, Afghan nationals were not included in this category and had to be present at the embassy in person to obtain a visa. However, now in view of the current situation in Kabul, all Afghan citizens have been allowed to apply for e-Visa. As per the rules, an emergency visa will be issued initially for six months to persons seeking emergency rehabilitation in India.
14. Amway India ropes in Mirabai Chanu as brand ambassador
- Amway India , a direct consumer goods company, has roped in Olympic silver medalist Mirabai Chanu as the brand ambassador for Amway and its Nutrilite range of products . Chanu will be seen in Amway campaigns that focus on products like Nutrilite Daily, Omega and All Plant Protein.
15. WHO issues medical alert on fake Covishield vaccines
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched fake Kovidshield vaccines in India.But a medical alert was issued. WHO has cast doubt on the genuineness of the Covidshield reaching patients in India. India is reporting the prevalence of counterfeit vials of the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca while Serum is manufactured by the Institute of India. The WHO noted that, despite the government’s efforts to provide genuine coronavirus vaccines using a transparent procurement and supply system and the CoVin platform, counterfeit COVID-19 vaccines continue to reach India and Uganda. WHO has urged the government to increase vigilance on hospitals, clinics, health centres, distributors, wholesalers, pharmacies and other suppliers of medical products. It also called for increased vigilance in supply chains, which are likely to be affected by spurious vaccines.
16. Supreme Court allows women to take part in NDA exam
- The Supreme Court has given women the National Defense Academy (NDA)have been allowed to appear in the examination which is scheduled to be held on September 5, 2021. The court termed the policy decision of the army as gender discrimination. As per the Supreme Court, the admission will be subject to the final orders of the court. The Supreme Court allowed women to appear for the NDA exam following a writ petition filed by Kush Kalra. Kush Kalra had filed a petition seeking permission for women to appear in the NDA entrance examination. The petition highlighted the issue of violation of Articles 14, 15, 16 and 19 of the Constitution as it was denying eligible women candidates the opportunity to join the NDA. NDA is the Joint Defense Services Training Institute of the Indian Armed Forces. In this academy, cadets from the three services, the Indian Army, the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy are trained together before moving on to the respective service academy for pre-commissioning training. This is Pune,
17. TCS 2nd Indian company to cross Rs 13 lakh crore market-cap
- TCS Company has become the second Indian company to cross the market value of Rs 13 lakh crore on August 17, 2021 . TCS has become the second company in India after Reliance to do so . Shares of TCS closed at Rs 3,552.4, up 2.32%. The market capitalization of TCS at the end of business was Rs 13.14 lakh crore. Reliance Industries is currently valued at Rs 13.7 lakh crore. TCS reported 28.5% year-on-year growth in consolidated net profit at Rs 9,008 crore for the quarter ended June. Its consolidated revenue grew 18.5% to Rs 45,411 crore for the quarter.
18. New covid test developed using pencil lead
- US at the University of Pennsylvania researchers a new cheaper, faster and more accurate Kovid diagnostic test is developed (diagnostic test) which SARS CoV-2 virus to test the graphite uses electrodes made from. This is a substance found in pencil lead. The researchers highlight that, the use of graphite electrodes reduces the cost of testing by $1.50 per test. Graphite is a crystalline form of the element carbon. The carbon atoms in graphite are arranged in a hexagonal structure. Graphite is also called plumbago. It occurs naturally only in this form and is considered the most stable form of carbon under standard conditions.
19. HAL tests Hindustan-228 aircraft
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a public sector undertaking of the Ministry of Defence, has successfully ground-tested a civilian aircraft named ‘Hindustan-228’. Ground run and Low Speed Taxi Trial (LSTT) of Hindustan-228 aircraft were conducted at HAL facility in Kanpur. Hindustan-228 is a 19-seat multirole utility aircraft. It is built on the basis of the existing frame of the military aircraft Dornier 228. This civilian version will be used for air ambulance, VIP transport, passenger transport, cargo transport, cloud seeding, flight inspection roles and recreational activities such as para jumping, photography.
20. Facebook bans content supporting Taliban
- Facebook said the Taliban ‘s terrorist organization after designated as a ban on all materials that the Taliban and its support has been put. Facebook has a dedicated team of Afghan experts monitoring and removing content linked to the Islamic insurgent group. The Taliban have been using social media to spread their message for years. Therefore, Facebook has banned the Taliban from its service under dangerous organization policies. Under this Facebook policy, accounts created by or on behalf of the Taliban and accounts that praise, endorse and represent them will be removed. Facebook also said it does not make decisions about the recognition of national governments. It only obeys the authority of the international community. This policy is also applicable to all its platforms such as Instagram and WhatsApp.