1. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, the number of valid votes that the other candidate got, was :
2. A, B, C started a business with their investments in the ratio 1:3:5. After 4 months, A invested the same amount as before and B as well as C withdrew half of their investments. The ratio of their profits at the end of the year is :
A. 1: 2: 3
B. 3: 4: 15
C. 3: 5: 10
D. 5: 6: 10
3. A and B are partners in a business. A contributes 1/4 of the capital for 15 months and B received 2/3 of the profit. For how long B’s money was used ?
A. 3 months
B. 6 months
C. 10 months
D. 12 months
4. A began a business with Rs. 85,000. He was joined afterwards by B with Ks. 42,500. For how much period does B join, if the profits at the end of the year are divided in the ratio of 3 : 1 ?
A. 4 months
B. 5 months
C. 6 months
D. 8 months
5. A, B, C rent a pasture. A puts 10 oxen for 7 months, B puts 12 oxen for 5 months and C puts 15 oxen for 3 months for grazing. If the rent of the pasture is Rs. 175, how much must C pay as his share of rent?
A. Rs. 45
B. Rs. 50
C. Rs. 55
D. Rs. 60
6. A, B and C enter into a partnership and their shares are in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. After 2 months, A withdraws half of his capital and after 10 months, a profit of Rs. 378 is divided among them. What is B’s share ?
7. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak’s share is :
8. X and Y invested in a business. They earned some profit which they divided in the ratio of 2 : 3. If X invested Rs. 40,000, the amount invested by Y is :
9. A and B start a business jointly. A invests Rs. 16,000 for 8 months and B remains in the business for 4 months, Out of total profit, B claims – of the profit. How much money was contributed by B ?
10. Reena and Shaloo are partners in a business, Reena invests Rs, 35,000 for 8 months and Shaloo invests Rs. 42,000 for 10 months, out of a profit of Rs. 31,570, Reena’s share is :
11. P and Q started a business investing Rs, 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit named after 2 years bo divided between P and Q respectively?
12. Rs. 700 is divided among A, B, C so that A receives half as much as B and B half as much as C. Then C’s share is
A. Rs 200
B. Rs 300
C. Rs 400
D. Rs 500
13. Three milkmen rented a pasture. A grazed 24 cows for 4 months; B 10 cows for 6 months; C 56 cows for 5 months. If A’s share of rent is Rs. 960, find the total rent of the field?
14. A began a business with Rs. 85000. He was joined afterwards by B with Rs. 42,500. For how much perod does B join, if the profits at the end of the year are divided in the ratio of 3:1 ?
A. 8 months
B. 6 months
C. 7 months
D. 9 months
15. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2490?
A. Rs 820
B. Rs. 830
C. Rs 840
D. Rs 850
16. Rs. 50000 is divided into two parts One part is given to a person with 10% interest and another part is given to a person with 20 % interest. At the end of first year he gets profit 7000 Find money given by 10% ?
A. Rs. 20,000
B. Rs. 10,000
C. Rs. 30,000
D. Rs. 40,000
17. The ratio of investments of two partners A and B is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If A invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time did B invest the money ?
A. 11 months
B. 9 months
C. 7 months
D. 10 months
18. R enter into a partnership in the ratio 2 : 3 : 5 . After 2 months, P increases his share 20% and Q by 10%. If the total profit at the end of one year is Rs 1,90,500, what amount will ‘R’ receive at the end of year as share in profit ?
A. Rs. 90500
B. Rs. 87500
C. Rs. 88900
D. Rs. 90000
19. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5% ?
20. K and L start the business, with L investing the total capital of Rs. 40,000 on the condition that K pays L interest @ 8% per annum on his half of the capital. L is a working partner and receives Rs.1200 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of L is twice that of K. Find the total profit for the year ?