1. Political controversy over ‘Kongu Nadu’ region in Tamil Nadu
- Recently in Tamil Nadu ‘ Kongu Nadu A political dispute has started regarding the area. Be aware that ‘Kongu Nadu’ is neither a place with a pin code nor a formal name given to an area. It is often used to indicate the part of western Tamil Nadu. In Tamil literature it was referred to as one of the five regions of ancient Tamil Nadu. Also in the Sangam literature there is a mention of ‘Kongu Nadu’ as a separate region. In the present-day state of Tamil Nadu, the name is used informally to refer to an area that includes the Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Erode, Karur, Namakkal and Salem districts, as well as the Oddanchatram and Vedasandoor regions of Dindgul district. And Dharmapuri district also includes Pappireddypatti area. The name is derived from the OBC community ‘Kongu Vellalar Gounder’. who have a significant presence in these districts. The region also includes major commercial and industrial centers such as Namakkal, Salem, Tiruppur and Coimbatore. In the list of new ministers whose names have been released during the recent cabinet expansion, the name of the district has been named ‘Kongu Nadu’ instead of the ministers coming from Tamil Nadu, which is not a district in itself. . In such a situation, the government is being accused of promoting regionalism in Tamil Nadu and dividing the state into two parts. which is not a district in itself. In such a situation, the government is being accused of promoting regionalism in Tamil Nadu and dividing the state into two parts. which is not a district in itself. In such a situation, the government is being accused of promoting regionalism in Tamil Nadu and dividing the state into two parts.
2. Target to make Ladakh an organic union territory by 2025
- The Ladakh administration has signed an agreement with the Sikkim State Organic Certification Agency to make the Union Territory organic farming by 2025 . This agreement has been signed to implement Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana and Mission Organic Development Initiative in Ladakh region. The target of making Ladakh an organic union territory by 2025 will be achieved in three phases.
3. MasterCard Asia-Pacific Pvt Ltd will not be able to issue MasterCard to new customers from 22nd July 2021
- MasterCard Asia – Pacific Private Limited will not be able to issue MasterCard to new customers with effect from 22nd July 2021 . The Reserve Bank of India has put this restriction on the master card due to non-compliance with the rules for storing payment system data. RBI has asked all the master card issuing banks and non-banking companies to comply with this order. RBI has said that its order will not have any effect on the customers already using the master card.
4. Youth and Sports Affairs Minister Anurag Thakur releases cheers song for Indian team of Tokyo Olympics
- Sports Ministry said Tokyo Olympics in Indian athletes to cheer Cheer for India released the song. It was officially launched by Sports Minister Anurag Thakur . The song has been composed by Grammy Award winning composer AR Rahman . Young singer Ananya Birla has lent her voice to the song. The Sports Ministry has appealed to the countrymen to encourage Indian players during the Olympics. The official title of this song has been kept as Cheer 4 India Hindustani Way . The India of the Olympic Games in the 124-playerare attending. These include 69 male players and 55 female players. A 228-member team from India, including officers and support staff, is going to Tokyo .
5. Cuba develops world’s first conjugated COVID-19 vaccine
- Cuba was the world’s first conjugate ( Conjugate ) Kovid -19 vaccine Sobrana 2 ( Soberana 2) have developed. When the Sobrana 2 vaccine is given along with the booster shot of Sobrana Plus, it is 91% effective against symptomatic COVID-19 cases. If this vaccine is approved, Cuba will become the first Latin American country to design and produce a vaccine against Kovid-19. The Sobrana 2 vaccine is given in three doses. This includes two shots of Sobrana 2 and one shot of Sobrana Plus. It is applied at 0-28-56-days. Sobrana 2 is one of three vaccines in the Sobrana series. It was developed by the Finlay Institute in collaboration with the Center for Molecular Immunology and National Biopreparations Centre. Four other vaccines are also being developed in Cuba.
6. Senior leader of Bharatiya Janata Party and Union Minister Piyush Goyal is the new leader of the house in the Rajya Sabha
Senior BJP leader and Union Minister Piyush Goyal will be the new Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha . Shri Goel has been made the Leader of the House in place of Thawar Chand Gehlot.
7. Dearness Allowance of Central employees and pensioners increased from 17 percent to 28 percent
- The Union Cabinet took several important decisions like reinstating dearness allowance to government employees and pensioners , as well as promoting export of garments and encouraging investment in animal husbandry and shipping sector. These decisions were taken in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Dearness Allowance for central employees and pensioners has been increased from 17 per cent to 28 per cent . It will be deemed to be effective from the 1st of this month.
8. UAE becomes the first country in the Gulf to open an embassy in Israel
United Arab Emirates – The UAE has become the first Gulf country to open an embassy in Israel . The UAE Ambassador praised the trade and investment opportunities and expressed the hope that the flag hoisting ceremony will strengthen relations between the two countries. The President of Israel attended the ceremony. The UAE Embassy is located in Tel Aviv’s stock exchange and was inaugurated last month by Israel’s ambassador to the United Arab Emirates.
9. Tourism Minister Kishan Reddy stresses on the importance of BRICS countries having a good understanding of each other’s tourism products
Tourism Minister G. Kishan Reddy said that general tourism products like heritage and culture tourism and eco-friendly tourism in BRICS countries present an opportunity for greater cooperation. He was presiding over the meeting of BRICS Tourism Ministers . He also emphasized the importance of BRICS member countries to have a good understanding of each other’s tourism products and offerings in order to encourage tourist arrivals and development among them.
10. Cotton bales from India were sent to Bangladesh by rail for the first time
- A goods train with 468 tonnes of cotton bales from India reached Benapole in Bangladesh . The goods train has 20 bogies and was flagged off from Ambala Cantonment station on June 27. The goods train covered a distance of about 1700 km. This is the first time that cotton bales from India have been sent to Bangladesh by rail. Earlier, cotton bales were sent by road in small quantities, which cost more. This consignment of cotton bales will also contribute to the textile and clothing trade in Bangladesh.
11. India’s first 5-star hotel built on top of railway track in Gandhinagar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 16, 2021 A newly constructed five-star hotel atop the redeveloped Gandhinagar railway stationVirtually going to inaugurate. The project on the redevelopment of Gandhinagar railway station and construction of a five-star hotel was initiated by the Indian Railway Stations Redevelopment Corporation (IRSDC) in January 2017. The luxury hotel above the railway station has 318 rooms. It will be operated by a private entity. The hotel is spread over an area of 7,400 square meters. It has been built at a cost of Rs 790 crore. The hotel will be used to host national and international guests attending seminars and conferences at Mahatma Mandir, a convention center located at the front of the property. The 5-star hotel building is above the railway tracks and is one of the tallest buildings in Gandhinagar. It has a height of 99 meters with three towers of 9-11-11 floors.
12. Nepal and India sign agreement for Lower Arun Hydroelectric Project
- Nepal has signed a USD 1.3 billion agreement with India’s Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam ( SJVN ) to develop a 679 MW hydroelectric project in eastern Nepal . This will be the second major venture in Nepal launched by India. This is the biggest foreign investment project. This is based on 2017 cost estimates. To develop this project, Sushil Bhatt, Chief Executive Officer of Investment Board of Nepal and Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman and Managing Director of SJVN signed an MoU in Kathmandu. This hydro power project will be developed under Build, Own, Operate and Transfer (BOOT) model.
13. China’s vaccine manufacturers sign COVAX agreements
- China ‘s two major COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers COVAX facility to 550 million doses have signed agreements to provide Gavi between July and October 2021 by Sinofarm ( Sinopharm ) and Sinovak ( Sinovac) announced the purchase of 110 million doses. It will buy 440 million more doses by the middle of 2022. These vaccines were approved by the World Health Organization for emergency use. The sinoform vaccine is also called BBIBP-CorV or BIBP vaccine. This vaccine has been developed by Sinopharm Beijing Institute of Biological Products using inactivated virus. Its Phase III trials were completed in Argentina, Bahrain, Morocco, Egypt, Peru, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with over 60,000 participants.
14. Report on ‘State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2021’ released
- Food and Agriculture Organization ( Food And Agriculture Organization – FAO ) has recently launched its “The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2021Published the report. The FAO study was conducted in 63 low- and middle-income countries. They covered a population of 5 billion upon changes in people’s incomes. This has expanded its influence on dietary choices. According to this study, there has been a significant decrease in the affordability of healthy food due to the decrease in income. An additional 141 million people are unable to afford a healthy diet due to loss of income and increase in food prices due to the Kovid-19 pandemic. As 2020 ended, global consumer food prices were at their highest in 6 years and continued to rise in the first four months of 2021. In 2020, 2.37 billion people could not get enough food. The figure has increased by 320 million people. One in three people worldwide could not get enough food in 2020. 12% of the global population faced severe food insecurity.
15. Coal India appoints Accenture to digitize mines
- Coal India Ltd ( CIL ) has CIL 7 selected opencast mines for the digitization of mine process Accenture Solutions Pvt Ltd ( Accenture Solutions Private Ltd) has been appointed as a consultant. The move is aimed at accelerating performance and increasing production. This consultant will lead and support the implementation of digitization and process excellence. It will also assure increased coal production of 100 million tonnes from the identified mines. It will also help in removing bottlenecks and taking corrective measures. It will try to extract more coal at a lower cost. The primary objective of the move is to utilize the available data analytical techniques to enhance mine productivity and efficiency. Productivity and efficiency will be increased through planning, project monitoring, from operation to dispatch etc.
16. Indian Navy gets 10th P-8I aircraft from Boeing
- The Indian Navy received the 10th anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I from US- based aerospace company Boeing . The contract for eight P-8I aircraft was signed in 2009 by the Ministry of Defense. In 2016, the ministry signed a contract for four additional P-8I aircraft. 10th P-81 aircraftThe aircraft is the second to be awarded under a contract for four additional aircraft that was awarded to the Defense Ministry in 2016. In addition to unmatched maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare capabilities, P-81 aircraft are deployed to assist during disaster relief and humanitarian missions. The P-8I is a patrol aircraft and is an integral part of the Indian Navy’s fleet. The aircraft has crossed 30,000 flight hours since its induction in 2013. It is a long range multi-session maritime patrol aircraft. It was purchased to replace the old Tupolev Tu-142 aircraft of the Indian Navy. The P-8I is a variant of the P-8A Poseidon Multi-Mission Maritime Aircraft (MMA) and is operated by the US Navy.
17. Ashadhi Bij: Kutchi New Year begins
- Kutchi New Year is celebrated every year on the second day of the month of Ashadha . In 2021, it was celebrated on 12 July . This Hindu New Year is celebrated in the Kutch region of Gujarat. Vikram Samvat 2078 started from June 12, 2021 in Kutch region. In other parts of Gujarat, the Hindu New Year is celebrated on the 1st day of Kartik Shukla Paksha after Diwali. Kutchi New Year is a traditional festival and is celebrated in homes. Lord Ganesha, Goddess Lakshmi and other regional deities are worshiped on this occasion. This festival marks the beginning of rains in the Kutch region of Gujarat.
18. Billions of people could be affected by malaria, dengue due to global warming: Study
- Lancet Planetary Health ( Lancet Planetary Health ) may be published, according to a study, the pre-increase in temperature industrial levels by 2100, 3.7 ° C, malaria and deadly outbreak of dengue. Global warming has increased the risk of floods and droughts. The researchers used an integrated multi-model multi-scenario framework and measured the impact of climate change on the length of the transmission season. They also measured the global population at risk of malaria and dengue at various altitudes and population densities for the period 1951–99.
19. US approves Blue Origin for human spaceflight
- The Federal Aviation Administration ( FAA ) has approved a ” Blue Origin license ” to take humans into space on the New Shepard launch system . Amazon.com Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Jeff Bezos on July 20 to fly to the space through the first crew to visit the Blue Origin. Blue Origin is authorized to carry humans. Blue Origin to its Texas launch site one has went approved to conduct these missions (Launch Site One) feature. Space tourism rival Virgin Galactic ( Virgin GalacticThis flight is being conducted after successfully sending its crew to the edge of space.
20. Bastille Day
- Every year on July 14 the National Day of Franँs is held, which is often in English Bastille Day’ also known as. This day is formally called ‘La Fait National’ in France. The day marks the fall of the Bastille (a type of military fort and prison) in France on July 14, 1789, when an angry mob stormed the Bastille, marking the beginning of the French Revolution. The Bastille was initially built around the 1300s as a fortress guarding the eastern entrance to the city of Paris. It was later used as a prison and a prison for the detention of important persons during the 17th and 18th centuries. With this the Bastille came to be seen as a symbol of the monarchy. On July 14, 1789, it was stormed by an angry mob of revolutionaries and seven prisoners detained at the dharna site were released. This event is mainly considered to mark the beginning of the French Revolution