- The wish board is set up in order to sway the students and youth, to visit India Gate in large numbers and sign their wishes at the ______________ to cheer the Indian athletes at Rio Olympics.
A.Balloon of Wishes
B.Wall of Wishes
C.Ground of Wishes
D.Chart of Wishes
Answer – B.Wall of Wishes
- An Egyptian-American and a renowned Nobel Prize recipient for chemistry and the first US science envoy to the Middle East passed away at the age of 70. Who is he?
Answer – D.Ahmed Zewail
- Who is the author book titled “Until the Lions: Echoes from the Mahabharata” ?
Answer – A.Karthika Nair
- The two day long first technology meet under the targets of the ambitious Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for Northeast India started in which city?
Answer – C.Guwahati, Assam
- Which place hold the 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities on August 2nd2016?
B.London, United States
Answer – D.Islamabad, Pakistan
- What is the name of website which is launched by the Reserve Bank of India to curb illegal and unauthorized pooling of funds by unscrupulous firms?
Answer – B.sachet.rbi.org.in
- Who has been awarded as 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavna Award for her exceptional contribution in the areas of communal harmony?
B.Abdul Rashid Khan
Answer – C.Shubha Mudgal
- Which Railway Station topped in cleanliness ranking in Vijayawada division and the Secunderabad based South Central Railway zone in implementing Swachh Bharat guidelines?
Answer – B.Nellore
- F1 Legend Chris Amon has passed away at the age of 73 on August 3rd2016 due to Cancer. He belonged to which country?
Answer – B.New Zealand
- What is the following game not added in Olympics 2020 as per Tokyo’s agenda by International Olympic Committee?
Answer – D.Cricket
- Who has been appointed as the Non-Executive Director of the TATA International Limited with effect from 1stAugust 2016?
Answer – B.Deepak Premnarayen
- Who has been appointed as the General Manager of Integral Coach Facory, Chennai ?
Answer – A.Sudhansu Mani
- The Upper house passed a bill to amend the constitution that would facilitate the straightening of which tax?
C.Swachh Bharat Cess
D.Goods and Service Tax
Answer – D.Goods and Service Tax
- IRCTC’s app ties-up exclusively with which of the following for e-cash payments ?
Answer – A.Mobikwik
- Cabinet approved the Motor Vehicle Act Amendment Bill that amends how many sections of the act to simplify third party insurance claims and settlement process?
Answer – B.68
- Aadi Peruku is celebrated in which state?
Answer – D.Tamil Nadu
- Union Government signed New Air Services Agreement with which country to boost trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange?
Answer – B.Lao
- State Bank of India has planned to merge its associate banks with itself to make the merged entity operation with effective from which year?
Answer – C.April 2017
- Ms. Vijay Thakur Singh has been elected as a next Ambassador of India to which on eyeing the upcoming elections?
Answer – D.Ireland
- Reserve Bank of India has framed a panel to study the various facets of which finance in India?
Answer – C.Household
- Limbo skater Om Swaroop Gowda has made the Guinness World Record for longest distance limbo skating under the cars. He belongs to which state?
Answer – B.Karnataka
- Senior CPI (M) leader Jiban Maitra has passed away due to cerebral attack at the age of 71 years. He belonged to which State?
Answer – C.West Bengal
- Which association has announced that Indian medal winners at the Rio 2016 Olympics would be granted with 500 gms Sovereign Gold Bonds and Silver?
A.Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association
B.Indian Pawn and Jewellers Association
C.Indian Jewellers Association
D.Indian Jewel and Pawn Association
Answer – A.Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association
- Who has inaugurated the C Band Polari metric Doppler Weather Radar to be installed in the Southern states at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre?
C.A S Kiran Kumar
Answer – C.A S Kiran Kumar
- The Ministry of Railway signed an agreement with which state to execute the rail projects in the state and to accelerate the economy of the country?
Answer – D.Chhattisgarh
- Who has been elected as member of International Olympic Committee from India of the 129thIOC Session in Rio?
Answer – C.Nita Ambani
- Chief of Banks Board Bureau, Vinod Rai has been taken as independent Chairman of which bank?
Answer – C.IDFC
- In which country Ever Win Company & Ltd. organized 1,007 robots to set a new Guinness World Record for “Most Robots dancing simultaneously”?
Answer – C.China
- Which Company investing $4 million in Cloudyn, an Israeli Corporation for cloud management and optimization startup?
Answer – C.Infosys
- Which bank has launched group credit life insurance scheme in Mangalore to increase the insurance cover of the growing population?
A.Bank of Baroda
Answer – D.Corporation Bank
- Which country has added the Pakistani Militant Group Jamaat-ur-Ahrar to its list of global terrorists, triggering sanctions against a faction?
Answer – D.United States
- Who has been elected to assume his office as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat?
Answer – A.Vijay Rupani
- Which of the following states are set to launch campaign against ISIS by staging on board Imams of Mosques to prevent the attempts of the terror group?
A.Telangana and Karnataka
B.Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
C.Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu
D.Andhra Pradesh and Kerala
Answer – B.Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Which High Court has quashed Government’s ordinance to offer 10% quota for the Economically backward among upper castes in education and admission?
Answer – C.Gujarat
- Which State Government is proposed to implement the 7th pay commission recommendations in the state form November 1 2016?
Answer – C.Goa
- Which operation has been launched by Uttar Pradesh Police in Lucknow following a slew of rape cases, including the horrific Bulandshahr gangrape, on 5 August?
Answer – D.Operation Vishwas
- Lokesh Rahul is related to which sport ?
Answer – C.Cricket
- What is the name of the programme which is unveiled by the Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu for 500 cities?
Answer – A.Swachh
- Which state’s capital is proposed to host the three day global event of Aluminium Association of India (AAI) during February, 2017?
B.Kolkata, West Bengal
Answer – C.Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Which Chief Minister laid the foundation of 14 projects worth Rs 2,229 Crore for the future development of the state recently?
Answer – C.Vasundhara Raje
- Which minister inaugurated the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) transit campus in Jammu?
Answer – D.Prakash Javadekar
- Which state’s Irrigation Department signed a MoU with the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO to avail Water Resources Information System (TWRI) online?
Answer – B.Telengana
- Which State Assembly unanimously passed Special Notaries and Inventory Proceeding Bill, 2012 which will replace the Portuguese-era civil code?
Answer – C.Goa
- What is the rank of India in the Civil Unrest Index which is released by the Verisk Maplecroft?
Answer – D.4th
- Which private bank has announced tie up with the Mobile recharging platform Freecharge along with Unified Payments Interface (UPI) app?
Answer – C.Axis Bank
- In which city, American tech majors IBM and Apple jointly launched a global development hub called Garage for iOS apps?
Answer – D.Bengaluru
- Which project Gujarat Industries Power Company (GIPCL) has signed pact with SECI by power purchase agreements (PPAs)?
Answer – B.Solar power
- Who has been appointed as Managing Director & CEO of Mumbai based Credit Analysis and Research Ltd (CARE Ratings)?
Answer – C.Rajesh Mokashi
- Which date is noticed as a Hiroshima Day, the world’s first atom bomb explosion in Hiroshima, Japan?
Answer – C.August 6
- What is the theme of Olympics 2016 which is to be held in Rio De Janerio, Brazil?
A.Unity and Enlightment
B.Equality and Equity
C.Social and Justice
D.Peace and Environment
Answer – D.Peace and Environment