1.Details of the agreement signed between Indian and French authorities regarding supply of 36 Rafale aircraft cannot be disclosed as they are confidential in nature, the Air Force has said.An Inter-Governmental Agreement was signed between the governments of India and France on September 23, 2016 for supply of the Rafale aircraft, initial consignment of weapons
2.The U.S. Justice Department on Saturday appealed a temporary block of Donald Trump’s travel ban on citizens from seven mainly Muslim countries, after the President unleashed a fiery tirade and those with valid visas started arriving on American soil.
3.Honda Cars India has commenced bookings for the new version of its mid-sized sedan City which will be launch in the country on February 14.The company has started pre-bookings for the new version of the popular model at all authorised Honda dealerships with a booking amount of Rs. 21,000.
4. State-run telecom firm “Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has slashed 3G mobile internet rates by about three-fourths, bringing down the cost of per GB data to as low as Rs. 36 under a special pack.
5. Irom Sharmila, who had undertaken a fast for 16 years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), on Saturday started her election campaign at Moijing in the Thoubal constituency from where Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh was elected. She is planning to contest against Mr. Singh, apart from her home constituency, Khurai.
6. A probe by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has revealed that at least 12 government departments in Nagaland regularly paid “extortion money” to members of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K), a banned terrorist organisation that was allegedly behind the 2015 ambush in Manipur in which 18 soldiers were killed.
7. Taking potshots at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, BJP chief Amit Shah on Saturday alleged the two “good-looking princes” involved in corruption are now out to mislead the people of Uttar Pradesh, and accused the Samajwadi Party (SP) government of discriminating on the basis of caste and religion.
8. A local court on Saturday rejected the bail petition of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay , arrested over his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley Group chit fund scam.
9. Chennai Police Commissioner S. George “has thanked” the citizens for their co-operation in enforcing the prohibitory order “despite inconvenience”.
10. The Indian Policy Think Tank, NITI Aayog together with Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)\has launched a first of its kind online portal, India Innovation Index in India to rank the states on the basis of innovation.
11. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurates the 31st Surajkund International Crafts Mela in Faridabad, Haryana on February 1, 2017.The mela will end on 15th February, 2017.
12. Noted Indian singer Neeti Mohan to collaborate with UN for women empowerment project titled “Music To Inspire – Artists UNited Against Human Trafficking”.
13. India and Sri Lanka has signed an MoU on February 2, 2017 for the construction of a multi-ethnic tri-lingual school in a north central district of the island nation.
14. The 2017 Financial Times Global MBA ranking was released on January 30, 2017. This year 4 Indian Business Schools have been listed in the World’s 100 best Full Time MBA Programme List.
The Four Schools listed includes: Indian School of Business (ISB), Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) and Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)