1. Lok Sabha Speaker arrives in Vienna to attend the 5th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- Speaker Om Birla, Fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament to participate in the Vienna The conference is organized jointly by the Austrian Parliament , the Inter-Parliamentary Union and the United Nations . The conference will start for two days. This conference is held regularly after every five years . Its objective is to strengthen the parliamentary dimension of global governance. Jaideep Mazumdar, Ambassador of India to Austria welcomed the Indian delegation at the airport. Mr. Birla is accompanied by the Deputy Speaker of the Rajya Sabha, Harivansh and senior officials.
2. PM to chair 13th BRICS summit via virtual medium
- India is going to chair BRICS in 2021. During this, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the 13th BRICS Summit through virtual medium on the 9th of this month . The Brazilian President Zaire Bolsanaro , Russian President Vladimir Putin , Chinese President Si Jinping and South African President Cyril Ramaphosa Will be present India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, New Development Bank President Marcos Troyjo, BRICS Business Council Acting President (Pro Tempore Chair) Onkar Kanwar, BRICS Women Business Alliance Acting President (Sangita Reddy during the Pro Tempore Chair) Dr. Will submit a report on this year’s findings. The theme of the summit is- BRICS@15: Cooperation within BRICS for Sustainability, Integration and Consensus. India has mentioned four priority areas in its presidency. These are multi-level system reforms, counter terrorism, use of digital and technological means to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and enhance people-to-people contacts among member countries. Apart from these areas the leaders in the summit meeting,
3. The navies of Australia and India started bilateral exercise ‘AusIndex’
- The Task Group of the Indian Navy under the command of Rear Admiral Tarun Sobti , Flag Officer Commanding, Eastern Fleet, began a bilateral exercise ‘ AusIndex ‘ with the Royal Australian Navy . Let us tell you, this edition of the bilateral exercise will last till 10 September. This is the fourth edition of the bilateral exercise. Indian ships IN Shivalik and Kadmat have participated in this exercise, while the Anzac class frigate HMAS Warramunga is participating from the Australian side. This Australian ship has recently participated in the Malabar exercise with Indian Naval units. The third edition of ‘AusIndex’, which began as a bilateral maritime exercise between the two countries in 2015, took place in the Bay of Bengal in 2019, which also included an anti-submarine exercise for the first time.
4. Cruise service starts for historic Chunar Fort in Varanasi
- Cruise Service to the Historic Chunar Fort of Mirzapur in Varanasi has been started. This will boost tourism facilities. This yatra will be completed between Varanasi and Chunar via river Ganges. Actually, the tourism department is trying to create a tourist triangle by connecting Prayagraj, Kashi and Vindhya region. The purpose is that the tourists coming to Prayag and Kashi can now be introduced to the Vindhyas, as well as they can get the benefit of the darshan of Mother Vindhyavasini. Situated on the banks of the Ganges, at a distance of 35 km from Mirzapur, Chunar has been a witness to a glorious history. This place, which is associated with mythological stories like Vamana-Vishnu, finds mention in ancient literature by names like Charanadri, Nainagarh etc. The special attraction here is the grand fort on the banks of the Ganges and the hills. Which was built by King Vikramaditya for his brother King Bhartrihari. It is said that this fort is thousands of years old. Later this fort was renovated by King Vikramaditya of Ujjain. The reference to the fort of Chunar Garh in the Chunar Tehsil area is from King Bhartrihari (colloquially Bharthari) mentioned in the Puranas and the oldest history. Later its description is also found in Akbari historian Sheikh Abul Fazal’s Ain Akbari. It is believed that Devkinandan Khatri in his popular novel ‘Chandrakanta’ gave the background of mystery-thriller-Aiyari, influenced by the experiences of these areas.
5. Union Health Minister participated in the G-20 Health Ministers’ meeting on Human, Earth and Prosperity held under the chairmanship of Italy
- Health Minister mansukh Mmandvia by Italy‘s chairmanship in humans, Earth and prosperity seminar on G-20 health ministers meeting During the meeting, he shared India’s measures to monitor the global health impact of the COVID pandemic along with a detailed assessment of the outcomes of implementing the Sustainable Development Goals. Mr. Mandaviya is on a four-day visit to the Italian capital Rome from the 4th of this month to attend the G20 Health Ministers’ meeting.
6. President Ram Nath Kovind presents the Presidential Flag to the Naval Aviation Unit at INS Hans in Goa
- The President and Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, Ram Nath Kovind presented the Presidential Flag to the Aviation Unit of the Indian Navy at INS Hans in Goa . The Presidential Flag is the highest honor given to a military unit for exceptional service to the nation in times of war and peace. The Naval Aviation Unit has been serving the nation with valor for the last seven decades. Goa Governor PS Sreedharan Pillai, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant, Minister of State for Tourism, Ports, Shipping and Waterways Shripad Yesso Nayak and many other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
7. Know Your Rights and Claim Them A Guide for Youth by Angelina Jolie
- Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has recently released her upcoming book Know Your Rights and Claim Them A Guide for Youth . The book is jointly written by Angelina Jolie, Amnesty International and human rights lawyer Geraldine Van Buren QC. This book will be helpful in making the youth and children around the world aware of their rights and how to achieve these rights decided years ago on the basis of making them healthy, balanced, safe and stable adults.
8. A Rude LIfe: The Memoir by Veer Sanghvi
- Veer Sanghvi, one of India’s most well-known journalists , has come up with a memoir titled A Rude Life . ‘A Rude LIfe: The Memoir’ is published by Penguin Random House. Through this book, the author shares his thoughts and experiences of the most important careers in Indian journalism, including his personal life, stories of celebrities and politicians, middlemen and behind-the-scenes actors.
9. Dr Jitendra Singh Inaugurates Doppler Weather Radar and Indigenous GPS Based Pilot Sonde at IMD, Jammu
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Science and Technology, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Earth Sciences, PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Jitendra Singhinaugurated the latest advanced and state-of-the-art at the Indian Meteorological Office at Jammu . Inaugurated Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) and indigenous GPS based Pilot Sonde . The X-Band Doppler Weather Radar will help in providing real time monitoring and reporting of weather events affecting Jammu region. In particular, it will be helpful in providing weather forecast in various sectors including agriculture and tourism forecasting. Pilgrims of Mata Vaishno Devi will also get the benefit of this.
10. Bangabandhu Media Center inaugurated at Press Club, New Delhi
- Bangladesh Information and Broadcasting Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud said New Delhi ‘s Press Club in Bangabandhu Media Center Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Mahmood said that India-Bangladesh relations will be strengthened by this initiative. Recalling the contribution of Bangabandhu, Dr Mahmood said that Sheikh Mujibur Rahman sacrificed his life for the freedom and people of Bangladesh. He thanked India for playing an important role in Bangladesh’s liberation efforts, saying that without its help it would not have been possible to liberate Bangladesh. Bangladesh High Commissioner to India, Mohammad Imran said that this is the 50th year of diplomatic relations between India and Bangladesh.
11. Railways launches new AC-3 tier economy class coach with reduced fare
- Railways has introduced new AC-3 tier economy class coaches with reduced fares . This service started and for the first time one coach was fitted with Prayagraj-Jaipur Express-02403 . The Ministry of Railways said that in the new AC-3 tier economy class, there will be 83 berths in 3 AC coaches instead of 72 berths. The fare of this coach has been kept eight percent less than the 3 AC coach. Two more trains – New Delhi-Lucknow AC Special and Lucknow Mail will also be fitted with a new 3 AC economy coach. Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala will initially manufacture fifty new economy coaches and Railways is ready to provide this service in Mail and Express trains in different zones. Wheel chair facility is also available for the entry of handicapped in the new coach and toilets.
12. Cyrus Poncha appointed as the new Vice President of Asian Squash Federation
- Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) general secretary, Cyrus Poncha unanimously during the 41st Annual General Meeting of the ASF Asian Squash Federation (ASF) , the vice president has been elected. The Dronacharya Awardee has been elected for a term of four years. While Hong Kong ‘s David Mimosa for a second term, President of ASF was elected unopposed as. Besides Cyrus Poncha, Faiz Abdullah S. Al-Mutairy of Kuwait and Tae-suk Hee of Korea have also been elected as Vice -Chairmen of ASF.
13. LIC buys 3.9% stake in Bank of India through open market acquisition
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has through open market acquisition of Bank of India to 9 percent (159,007,791 shares) are purchased. Prior to this acquisition, LIC held about 3.17 per cent stake in Bank of India. After this acquisition, LIC now holds 7.05 per cent, which is equivalent to 28,92,87,324 shares of Bank of India. Bank of India shared this information with SEBI. As per SEBI guidelines, companies have to notify stock exchanges when an entity holds more than 5 per cent shares in a listed company.
14. PhonePe launches digital payment interactive platform “Pulse Platform”
- PhonePe has recently launched a new platform called PhonePe Pulse . Pulse is India’s first interactive platform to monitor and trend data on digital payments. The platform shows over 2000 crore digital transactions by customers on an interactive map of India. PhonePe also launched Pulse Report, an in-depth study on the evolution of digital payments over the past 5 years. The report also provides insight into how digital payments have evolved across India since 2016 and includes detailed geographic and category-specific trends.
15. Max Verstappen wins Dutch Grand Prix 2021 title
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the Formula One Dutch Grand Prix 2021 . It Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) and other Walteri Botas (Mercedes-Finland) ranked third. The Red Bull driver’s seventh win of the season and 17th of his career put him three points ahead of the defending champions, who finished second.
16. International Charity Day: 05 September
- International Charity Day ( The International Day Of Charity ) Sep 05, is celebrated annually. It was declared by the United Nations in 2012 as International Charity Day to mark the anniversary of Mother Teresa’s death in Calcutta on 5 September . September 5 was chosen to commemorate the death anniversary of Mother Teresa, who has always been engaged in charitable work. Mother Teresa received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 “for her work in the struggle to end poverty and distress, which also threaten peace.”
17. Former IOC President Jacques Rogge passes away
- Recently Jacques Rogge, the former President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) , has passed away. He spent 12 years as president of the IOC from 2001 to 2013, overseeing three Summer Games and three Winter Games, as well as producing the Youth Olympics. He was replaced by Thomas Bach. He was the 8th President of the IOC.
18. Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to freedom fighter V.O. Tributes paid to Chidambaram Pillai on his 150th birth anniversary
- On September 05, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented the freedom fighter ‘ O. Chidambaram Pillai on his 150th birth anniversary . Born on September 5, 1872 in Tamil Nadu ‘V.O. Chidambaram Pillai is a symbol of independence movement in Tamil Nadu and is remembered for his sacrifice for the nation. ‘V.O. Chidambaram’ provided a strong leadership to the trade unions working in Tamil Nadu and also fought with the British for India’s independence. He is also credited with establishing the first indigenous shipping service between Tuticorin and Colombo . V.O. In view of Chidambaram’s rebellious attitude and his action against the British government, the British called him ‘The title of ‘ Barrister ‘ was taken away. V.O. Chidambaram entered active politics in the year 1905 by becoming a member of the Indian National Congress . After joining the Congress, V.O. Chidambaram started realizing the dream of India’s independence. One of his important goals was to end the monopoly of British shipping on the coast of Ceylon. Inspired by freedom fighter Ramakrishnananda to achieve this objective , he founded the Swadeshi Steam Navigation Company on November 12, 1906. On November 18, 1936, at the Tuticorin Regional Office of the Indian National Congress, V.O. Chidambaram Pillai died.