1. How many such pairs of digits are there in the number 421579368 each of which has as many digits between them in the number as when they are arranged in ascending order?
2. In a row of boys, If A who is 10th from the left and B who is 9th from the right interchange their positions, A becomes 15th from the left. How many boys are there in the row ?
3. In a class of 50 students M is eighth from top. H is 20th from bottom. How many students are there between M and H?
D. Can’t be determined
4. How many even numbers are there in the following sequence of numbers which are immediately followed by an odd number as well as immediately preceded by an even number?
8 5 8 6 7 6 8 9 3 2 7 5 3 4 2 2 3 5 5 2 2 8 1 1 9 3 1 7 5 1
5. If the third day of a month is Tuesday, which of the following would be the 4th day before the 27th day of that month?
6. If the digits in the number 25673948 are arranged in ascending order from left to right, what will be the sum of the digits which are fourth from the right and third from the left in the new arrangement?
7. In a row of thirty boys, R is fourth from the right end and W is tenth from the left end. How many boys are there between R and W?
D. Can’t be Determined
8. Some boys are sitting in a row. P is sitting fourteenth from the left and Q is seventh from the right. If there are four boys between P and Q, how many boys are there in the row ?
9. In a class, seven students are standing in a row. Q is standing left to R but right to P. O is standing right to N and left to P. Similarly, S is standing right to R and left to T. Find out who is standing in the middle ?
10. Sanjeev ranks seventh from the top and twenty eighth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
11. Six friends A, B, C, D, E and F joined an institute in the year 1993 but on different days. Only E has joined after C and D. C joined immediately before A and immediately after B. F is not the first or the last person to join. D will not be in any corner.
Who is the first person joining the Institute?
12. A bus for Shiridi leaves after every fifty two minutes from a bus stand. An enquiry officer told a passenger that the bus had already left sixteen minutes ago and the next bus will leave at 08:15 p.m. At what time did the enquiry officer give the information to the passenger?
A. 07:23 p.m
B. 06:25 p.m
C. 07:39 p.m
D. 06:23 p.m
13. Nitin ranks 18th in a class of 49 students. What is rank from the last ?
14. If South-East becomes North, North-East becomes West and so on. What will West become?
15. Rasik walked 20 m towards north. Then he turned right and walks 30 m. Then he turns right and walks 35 m. Then he turns left and walks 15 m. Finally he turns left and walks 15 m. In which direction and how many metres is he from the starting position?
A. 15 m West
B. 30 m East
C. 30 m West
D. 45 m East
16. A girl facing north rotates 100(degree) clockwise then 190(degree) anticlockwise. what is new direction of the girl ?
17. One morning after sunrise Nivedita and Niharika were talking to each other face to face at Dalphin crossing. If Niharika’s shadow was exactly to the right of Nivedita, Which direction Niharika was facing?
D. Data is inadequate
18. Laxmi goes 6 km towards South-East from her office.Then she goes 15 km turning to West. After this she goes 6 km towards North-West and in the end she goes 11 km towards East. How far is she from her office ?
A. 10 km
B. 11 km
C. 4 km
D. 6 km
19. Reena walked from A to B in the East 10 feet. Then she turned to the right and walked 3 feet. Again she turned to the right and walked 14 feet. How far is she from A?
A. 4 feet
B. 5 feet
C. 24 feet
D. 27 feet
20. A horse is facing north. It turns 90 degrees in the clockwise direction, then 180 degrees in the anti-clockwise and then another 90 degrees in the same direction. Which direction is the horse facing now?