1. In three coloured boxes – Red, Green and Blue, 108 balls are placed. There are twice as many balls in the green and red boxes combined as there are in the blue box and twice as many in the blue box as there are in the red box. How many balls are there in the green box?
D. None of these
2. A man has a certain number of small boxes to pack into parcles. If he packs 3, 4, 5 or 6 in a parcel, he is left with one over; if he packs 7 in a parcle, none is left over. What is the number of boxes, he may have to pack?
3. Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay “if you give me ‘x’ marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles”. Vijay then told Ajay “if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would”. Find ‘x’?
4. Find the least number by which 175760 be divided to make it a perfect cube.
5. It takes five minutes to pass a rumour from one person to two other persons. The tree of rumour continues. Find how many minutes does it take spread the rumour to 729 persons?
A. 45 min
B. 25 min
C. 30 min
D. 36 min
6. If ‘x’ means ‘-‘, ‘÷’ means ‘+’, ‘-‘ means ‘÷’ and ‘+’ means ‘x’, then 24 – 4 ÷ 6 x 3 + 4 = ?
7. In a class of students, if 1 is absent rest of people can be divided into 6 equal parts and if 2 are absent rest of them are divided into 7 equal parts, how many students are present in the class ?
8. If the positions of the first and the fifth digits of the number 14278359 are interchanged, similarly the positions of the second and the sixth digits are interchanged and so on, then which of the following will be the second digit from the right end after the rearrangement ?
9. In the given numbers, if in each number first digit is replaced by the third digit, second digit is replaced by the first digit and third digit is replaced by the second digit then which number will be the biggest?
653 749 872 933 541
10. 7 is to 34 as 5 is to
11. If Q means ‘add to’, J means ‘multiply by’, T means ‘substract from’ and K means ‘divide by’ then 30 K 2 Q 3 J 6 T 5 = ?
12. In a cricket match, five batsmen P, Q, R, S and T scored an average of 36 runs. S Scored 5 more than T; T scored 8 fewer than P; Q scored as many as S and T combined; and Q and R scored 107 between them. How many runs did T score?
13. The solution of 3(2u + v) = 7 uv and 3(u + 3v) = 11 uv is _____
A. u = 1, v = 0
B. u = 1, v = 3/2
C. u = 0, v = 3/4
D. u = 0, v = 1
14. Find the odd one out
A. Flower: Petal
B. Circle: Arc
C. Cover: Page
D. Chair: Leg
15. Choose the pair in which the words are differently related?
A. Lizard: Pad
B. Short: Long
C. Poor: Rich
D. Light: Heavy
16. Choose out the odd one
17. Choose the word which is least like the others word in a group?
18. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
19. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
20. Choose the pair in which the words are differently related?
A. Jewellery: Gold
B. Table: Wood
C. Shirt: Fabric
D. Iron: Axe