1. Which city topped the list of cities in ease of living in 2020?
Answer (b) Bengaluru
Bengaluru has emerged as the best city on ease of living parameters among 49 million-plus cities in 2020, pushing Pune to second spot. The report was revealed by Union housing and urban development minister Hardeep Singh Puri on March 4, 2021.
2. Which city topped the ease of living list in cities with less than one million population?
Answer (a) Shimla
Shimla topped the list among 62 cities having less than one million population, followed by Bhubaneswar. The report was revealed by Union housing and urban development minister Hardeep Singh Puri on March 4, 2021.
3. Which state government launched programme to help farmers and producer groups?
Answer (d) Meghalaya
The Chief Minister of Meghalaya Conrad K Sangma on March 3, 2021, launched a programme that will ensure that farmer and producer groups get the timely availability of better marketing infrastructure, adequate quality inputs, and transportation facilities.
4. Which state government has decided to develop three model villages in Indo-Tibet China border areas?
a) Himachal Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer (c) Arunachal Pradesh
The Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to develop three model villages along the Indo-Tibet border area as a pilot project with an allocation of Rs. 30 crores. The move aims at boosting the development of the border areas.
5. Which nation has signed a deal with India for the supply of defence material including BrahMos Cruise Missiles?
Answer (d) The Philippines
India on March 2, 2021, signed a key agreement with the Philippines for the supply of defence material and equipment which are also likely to include BharhMos Cruise Missiles. Delfin Lorenzana, the Defence Secretary of the Philippines, who also attended the agreement signing ceremony in Manila has stated that the Philippines will be buying BrahMos Missiles from India.