1. PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated four projects worth around Rs 4700 crore in gas, oil and infrastructure sectors in which state?
d) West Bengal
Answer (d) West Bengal
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated four projects worth around Rs 4700 crore in gas, oil and infrastructure sectors during his visit to Haldia, West Bengal on February 7, 2021. The projects include those of NHAI, Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL),Gas Authority of India (GAIL) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL).
2. Who has become the third Indian pacer to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?
a) Jasprit Bumrah
b) Mohammed Shami
c) Ishant Sharma
d) Umesh Yadav
Answer (c) Ishant Sharma
Ishant Sharma became the third Indian pacer to take 300 wickets in the longest format of the game on February 8, 2021. Ishant reached the milestone during his 98th test match, after taking the wicket of Dan Lawrence on the fourth day of the ongoing India vs England test match at the MA Chidambaram Stadium.
3. India’s first geothermal power project will be set up in which union territory?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer (b) Ladakh
India’s first geothermal power project will be set up at eastern Ladakh’s Puga village. The village has been identified as the hotspot of geothermal energy in the country by the scientists.The project, known as Geothermal Field Development Project, is planned to be commissioned by the end of 2022.
4. US President Joe Biden has refused to lift sanctions on which nation until it complies with the terms agreed under the 2015 nuclear deal?
Answer (d) Iran
US President Joe Biden informed on February 7, 2021 that he will not lift sanctions on Iran to re-engage Tehran in negotiations over the 2015 nuclear deal. Biden said that he would only lift sanctions if Iran stops enriching uranium beyond the limits of the nuclear deal.
5. Military Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2.0 began on February 8, 2021 between India and which nation?
Answer (c) US
The India-US joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas 20” commenced on February 8, 2021 in Mahajan Field Firing Range of Bikaner district in Rajasthan. This is the 16th edition of annual bilateral joint exercise of both the armies. It will conclude on February 21st.