1. India will begin its COVID-19 vaccination drive from which date?
a) January 14th
b) January 15th
c) January 16th
d) January 17th
Answer (c) January 16th
The COVID-19 vaccination drive in India will commence on January 16, 2021. The decision of starting the largest vaccination drive was taken during a meeting on January 9 in which PM Modi also reviewed the status of COVID-19 in India.
2. Which nation’s President will be the Chief Guest at India’s Republic Day Parade 2021?
Answer (a) Suriname
Indian-origin President of Suriname Chandrikapersad Santokhi will be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2021. The news comes after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson canceled his visit to India.
3. Which world leader’s Twitter account has been permanently suspended?
a) Donald Trump
b) Emmanuel Macron
c) Justin Trudeau
d) Boris Johnson
Answer (a) Donald Trump
Twitter permanently suspended US President Donald Trump’s account on January 8, 2021, citing the risk of further incitement of violence following violence and security breach at the US Capitol building on January 6th by Trump supporters.
4. Which nation has sought two million doses of Covishield vaccine from India on a priority basis?
Answer (c) Brazil
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has requested India for 2 million doses of Covishield vaccine produced indigenously by the Serum Institute of India, Pune.
5. Faustin-Archange Touadera has been re-elected as the President of which nation?
a) The Central African Republic
b) Democratic Republic of Congo
Answer (a) The Central African Republic
Faustin-Archange Touadera has been re-elected as the President of the Central African Republic with more than 53% of the votes. The provincial results were released on January 4, 2021.