1. The IMF has predicted how much growth rate for India in 2021?
a) 10 percent
b) 11 percent
c) 12.5 percent
d) 9.5 percent
Answer (c) 12.5 percent
The International Monetary Fund on April 6, 2021 projected a 12.5% growth rate for India in the year 2021. India’s growth projection is stronger than that of China which was the only major economy globally to have a positive growth rate amid the pandemic in 2020.
2. Who among the following has been selected for the Chhattisgarh Veerni Award?
a) Hima Das
b) Dutee Chand
c) Saina Nehwal
d) Mary Kom
Answer (b) Dutee Chand
Dutee Chand will be honoured with the Chhattisgarh Veerni Award at the inaugural edition of the awards that is scheduled to be held on April 14, 2021.
3. Where is the world’s highest railway bridge- Chenab bridge-located?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer (a) Jammu and Kashmir
Northern Railways completed the construction of the arch closure of the Chenab Bridge, the world’s highest railway bridge on April 5, 2021. The 1.3-kilometre-long bridge sits at a height of 359 metres above the bed of the Chenab river in the Jammu & Kashmir state.
4. Which film won the top honour of outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture at 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards?
a) Da 5 Bloods
c) The Trial of the Chicago
d) One Night in Miami
Answer (c) The Trial of the Chicago
The Trial of the Chicago won the top honour of outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture at 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards.
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Airports Authority of India?
a) Sandeep Mehta
b) Sanjeev Kumar
c) Vineet Sinha
d) Shromit Bannerjee
Answer (b) Sanjeev Kumar
Senior IAS officer Sanjeev Kumar took over as chairman of the Airports Authority of India on April 7, 2021. Kumar is a 1993 batch IAS Officer from Maharashtra Cadre. He was previously posted as State Commissioner-GST of the Maharashtra Government.