1. Who is the only US President to be impeached twice?
a) Bill Clinton
b) Richard Nixon
c) Andrew Johnson
d) Donald Trump
Answer (d) Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump on January 13, 2021 became the first US President to be impeached twice by the House of Representatives. The House voted to charge him for inciting the mob violence at the US Capitol building on January 6.
2. When will the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana be launched?
a) January 15th
b) January 16th
c) January 17th
d) January 18th
Answer (a) January 15th
The third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana will be launched on January 15, 2021 in 600 districts across all states of India.
3. India held a security dialogue with which nation on January 12th?
Answer (d) Vietnam
The Defence Secretary of India, Ajay Kumar, and Deputy Defence Minister of Vietnam, Nguyen Chi Vinh on January 12, 2021, held a security dialogue where they committed to promote armed forces engagement between the two nations under the framework of ‘comprehensive strategic partnership’.
4. Which country has banned the entry of cotton, tomato products from China’s Xinjiang region?
Answer (a) US
The United States on January 13, 2021 banned the entry of cotton and tomato products from China’s Xinjiang region amid allegations of forced labour. There have been allegations that detainee or prison labour from Uyghurs went into making cotton and tomato products in the region.
5. Which neighbouring nation’s Foreign Minister will be visiting India from January 14-16, 2021?
Answer (b) Nepal
Nepal’s Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali is scheduled to visit India from January 14-16, 2021. He will be participating in the sixth India-Nepal Joint Commission Meeting during the visit.