1. Which state government has announced free education for children who lost their parents or guardians to COVID-19?
Answer (c) Chhattisgarh
The Chhattisgarh government has announced that it will pay for the education of children who lost their parents or guardians to corona. The government stated that it will also take care of the education of children in families whose earning member has died of COVID.
2. The Prime Minister transferred how much amount into bank accounts of 10 crore farmers under the eighth installment under the PM-KISAN?
a) Rs 19,000 crores
b) Rs 18,000 crores
c) Rs 20,000 crores
d) Rs 21,000 crores
Answer (a) Rs 19,000 crores
Prime Minister Narendra Modi directly transferred around Rs 19,000 crores to the bank accounts of 10 crore farmers across the country under the eighth installment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) on May 14, 2021.
3. India’s Y Nuklu Phom has been named the winner of ‘Whitley Awards 2021′ for his conservational efforts in which Indian state?
Answer (b) Nagaland
Nagaland Conservationist Y Nuklu Phom was named the winner of ‘Whitley Awards 2021′, also known as the Green Oscar, donated by MAVA Foundation on May 12, 2021 for his efforts in establishing a biodiversity peace corridor in Nagaland.
4. India has estimated to receive how many vaccine doses between August and December 2021?
a) 217 crore
b) 350 crore
c) 100 crore
d) 250 crore
Answer (a) 217 crore
Union Government informed about its vaccination plan on May 13, 2021, stating that it planned to get around 217 crore vaccine doses between August and December 2021. The centre informed that around 51.6 vaccine doses have been ordered to fulfill the vaccine demand in the country by the month of July.
5. Who has been reappointed as the Prime Minister of Nepal?
a) KP Sharma Oli
b) Sher Bahadur Deuba
c) Pushpakamal Dahal
d) Madhav Kumar
Answer (a) KP Sharma Oli
KP Sharma Oli was reappointed as the Prime Minister of Nepal by President Bidhya Devi Bhandari after the opposition parties failed to put together a coalition government by the 9 pm deadline on May 13, 2021. Oli would be taking the oath of office today.