1. Which among the following states has announced a weekend curfew?
a) West Bengal
d) Tamil Nadu
Answer (b) Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced on April 15, 2021 that the government has decided to impose a weekend curfew in the national capital to control the spread of COVID-19. Only essential services will be allowed and curfew passes will be issued to those rendering essential services.
2. Lost Golden City has been discovered in which nation?
Answer (d) Egypt
The Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities on April 08, 2021, announced the discovery of a ‘Lost Golden City’ that was buried under the sands of the capital of Luxor in Egypt for the past 3,000 years.
3. Which state has got India’s first Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU)?
Answer (b) Maharashtra
Maharashtra has got India’s first Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU). The unit arrived at H-Energy’s Jaigarh Terminal Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra.
4. Joseph Jouthe resigned as the Prime Minister of which nation on April 14th?
a) The Dominican Republic
Answer (b) Haiti
Haitian Prime Minister Joseph Jouthe resigned on April 14, 2021 amid voilence and political strife. He did not give any explanation for his resignation. Jouthe was serving as the Prime Minister of Haiti since March 2020.
5. Who among the following has not been nominated for Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award 2021?
a) Rafael Nadal
b) Lewis Hamilton
c) Lebron James
d) Roger Federer
Answer (d) Roger Federer
The 22nd Laureus World Sports Awards will be hosted by the Spanish city of Seville on May 6, 2021. Many major names from the sporting world are in contention for the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award 2021 including Lewis Hamilton, Rafael Nadal, LeBron James, Naomi Osaka, Robert Lewandowski and Federica Brignone.