1. When is Indian Army Day observed?
a) January 15th
b) January 14th
c) January 16th
d) January 17th
Answer (a) January 15th
Indian Army Day is celebrated every year on January 15 to commemorate the day when Field Marshal Kodandera M. Cariappa took over as the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from General Sir Francis Butcher, the last British Commander-in-Chief of India. The transfer of power had taken place on January 15, 1949.
2. Indian Army has developed India’s first indigenous 9mm Machine Pistol along with which among the following organizations?
d) TATA Advanced Systems
Answer (a) DRDO
India’s first indigenous 9mm Machine Pistol has been jointly developed by the Indian Army and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). This was informed by the Defence Ministry on January 14, 2021.
3. Bharat Biotech has signed an agreement with which nation’s company for the supply of Covaxin?
Answer (a) Brazil
Bharat Biotech has signed an agreement with Brazil’s Precisa Medicamentos for the supply of COVAXIN. The agreement follows a visit by a team from Precisa Medicamentos to Bharat Biotech’s facility last week to discuss potential export possibilities of the vaccine.
4. What was India’s rank on Henley and Partners Passport Index 2021?
Answer (c) 85th
India has been ranked at the 85th position on the Henley and Partners Passport Index 2021 with a visa score of 58. This means that Indian passport holders can visit 58 countries without a prior visa or visa-on-arrival. Tajikistan was also ranked at the 85th place along with India.
5. How many US Presidents have been removed from office through impeachment?
Answer (d) None
Three US Presidents have faced impeachment by the Congress—Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. However, no US president has ever been removed from office through impeachment.