1. The Government has announced that it will be refunding the employers the pay for how many weeks of maternity leave given to employees?
a) 7 weeks
b) 6 weeks
c) 26 weeks
d) 12 weeks
ANSWER: (a) 7 weeks
The Union Women and Child Development Ministry has announced that the government will refund the employers the salaries for the first seven of the 26 weeks of maternity leave for women earning more than Rs 15,000 a month.
2. The Horn of African Nation Eritrea signed a peace deal after decades of stand-off in July 2018 with which neighbouring nation?
ANSWER: (c) Ethiopia
The 15-member UNSC adopted a UK-drafted Resolution 2444, calling for an end to the nine-year-old embargo on the impoverished country as it rebuilds relations with its neighbouring nation Ethiopia following almost decades of animosity, conflict and standoff. Eritrea and Ethiopia had both agreed to sign a peace deal in July 2018, ending a long stalemate resulting from the war between the two from 1998 to 2000 that had led to the killing of an estimated 100,000 people.
3. The South Asian Regional Conference on Urban Infrastructure was held in which city?
d) New Delhi
ANSWER: (d) New Delhi
The South Asian Regional Conference on “Urban Infrastructure: New Approaches to Public & Private Partnerships and Municipal Finance Innovations” began on November in New Delhi. The main objective of the conference is to discuss the key issues, perspectives and the way forward in the Urban Infrastructure.
4. The rural region of which among the following states was declared ODF on November 15, 2018?
a) West Bengal
ANSWER: (b) Jharkhand
The rural Jharkhand was declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) on November 15, 2018 during a regional review meeting of the eastern states held in Kolkata, West Bengal. The workshop comprised discussions on sustaining Open Defecation Free (ODF) status, Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM), and rural water supply.
5. Which city hosted the World Tolerance Summit 2018?
b) New York
ANSWER: (a) Dubai
The two-day summit to mark the World Tolerance Day was inaugurated on November 16, 2018 in Dubai. Held for the first time in UAE, the theme of the Summit was ‘Prospering from Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration’.