1. A PIL (public interest litigation) by BJP leader and advocate Ashwini Upadhyay has sought doing away with the law allowing candidates contesting more than one seat in elections in Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha. As per existing laws, on how many maximum seats an MP / MLA candidate is allowed to contest?[A] Two [B] Three [C] Four [D] Five
Correct Answer: A [Two]
Under the existing legal regime, a candidate is allowed to contest from up to a maximum of two constituencies in Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly polls.The PIL filed seeks to limit this to one seat because it leads to wastage of public money in getting the election conducted once again for the constituency which is left vacant by the winning candidate.
2. Which of the following missiles of India is a “supersonic cruise missile”?[A] Agni-V [B] BrahMos [C] Prithvi-III [D] Aakash
Correct Answer: B [BrahMos]
On 16 July, India’s supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was test fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha under extreme conditions. Brahmos is India’s only supersonic cruise missile and it can cruise at speeds of up to Mach 3.0, or three times the speed of sound.
3. Which of the following IITs of India has unveiled “world’s first” remotely operable Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) microscope?[A] IIT Kharagpur [B] IIT Madras [C] IIT Bombay [D] IIT Delhi
Correct Answer: B [IIT Madras]
On July 16, 2018 IIT-Madras unveils “world’s first” remotely operable LEAP (Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) microscope.
4. What term has been used for medical professionals assisting patients seeking treatment under the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM)?[A] Ayushman Saathi [B] Ayushman Sahayak [C] Ayushman Sahkari [D] Ayushman Mitra
Correct Answer: D [Ayushman Mitra ]
Ayushman Mitra Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) will be a medical professional assisting patients seeking treatment. Their main work will be to assist patients coming to the hospital, and coordinate between patients and hospitals. The AB-NHPS aims at providing a coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family annually and benefiting more than 10 crore poor families.
5. On July 16, 2018, India has become the Asia Pacific vice-chair at World Customs Organization. In which city, the headquarters of World Customs Organization are located?[A] Paris [B] London [C] Geneva [D] Brussels
Correct Answer: D [Brussels]
The World Customs Organization is an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. It was founded in 1952 and its main work is in areas covering the international conventions and standards related to customs, trade, IPR protection etc.