1. Who won the Grammy 2021 award in Record of the Year category?
a) Billie Eilish
b) Harry Styles
c) Lady Gaga
Answer (a) Billie Eilish
The 63rd annual Grammy Awards were presented at the Los Angeles Convention Center on March 15, 2021. Billie Eilish became the first solo artist to win the record of the year award at Grammys for two years in a row and Beyoncé created history by becoming the most-awarded woman in the history of Grammys with 28 wins.
2. Who has become the first Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics?
a) Kabita Devi
b) Reorita Dev
d) Bhavani Devi
Answer (d) Bhavani Devi
Bhavani Devi created history on March 14, 2021 by becoming the first Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics. The 27-year-old reserved her spot in the Tokyo Olympics through the Adjusted Official Ranking (AOR) method.
3. The centre has approved how much financial assistance for the kin of journalists who died due to COVID-19?
a) Rs 5 lakh
b) Rs 4 lakh
c) Rs 3 lakh
d) Rs 2 lakh
Answer (a) Rs 5 lakh
The central government on March 15, 2021 said that it has approved financial assistance worth Rs 5 lakh each for the families of the journalists who died due to COVID-19.
4. Which state was declared as a model state for Van Dhan Vikas Yojana?
c) Madhya Pradesh
Manipur has been declared as a winner state where the government’s Van Dhan Vikas Yojana has appeared as a major source of employment for the local tribals residing in the state.
5. India has launched an Artificial Intelligence Initiative along with which nation?
Answer (c) US
The Department of Science and Technology informed on March 18, 2021, that the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum- IUSSTF has launched the US India Artificial Intelligence Initiative. The initiative will focus on AI cooperation in the critical areas that are priorities for both nations.