1. How many constituencies went to polls in the sixth phase of West Bengal Elections 2021?
Answer (a) 43
The voting has begun for the sixth phase of West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021. The polling began at 7 am and will conclude at 6 pm. Under this phase, 43 constituencies across four districts of the state have gone to polls and there are as many as 306 candidates including 27 women in the fray.
2. Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package for ‘Corona Warriors’ has been extended for how long?
a) One year
b) Two years
c) Six Months
d) Three Months
Answer (a) One Year
The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package scheme has been extended for one year with effect from April 20, informed Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan on April 20, 2021.
3. How much will Covisheild cost at state government hospitals?
a) Rs 500
b) Rs 400
c) Rs 600
d) Rs 300
Answer (b) Rs 400
The Serum Institute of India has priced its Covishield vaccine for Rs 400 per dose for state hospitals and Rs 600 per dose for private hospitals.
4. Who has become first Indian-American Associate Attorney General of the United States?
a) Neera Tanden
b) Vivek Murthy
c) Nikki Haily
d) Vanita Gupta
Answer (d) Vanita Gupta
The United States Senate on April 21, 2021, confirmed Vanita Gupta to serve as the Associate Attorney General of the US. She will be the first Indian-American to serve in this
5. Which state government has released first installment worth Rs 672 crores under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for students?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer (a) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on April 19, 2021 released the first installment worth Rs 672 crores under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for the year 2021-22. A total of 10.88 lakh students will benefit from this.