1. Idriss Déby, one of Africa’s longest-serving leaders passed away on April 20th. He was the President of which nation?
Answer (c) Chad
Chad’s President Idriss Déby, who was one of Africa’s longest-serving leaders, died on April 20, 2021 due to the injuries he sustained following clashes with rebels in the north of the country over the weekend. He was 68.
2. When will COVID-19 vaccine registration begin for everyone above 18 years?
a) April 25th
b) April 26th
c) April 27th
d) April 28th
Answer (d) April 28th
Government officials informed on April 22, 2021 that COVID-19 vaccination registration for those above the age 18 years will begin on the CoWIN platform from April 28,2021.
3. Which film won ‘Best Foreign Language Feature at the Moscow International Film Festival 2021?
Answer (d) Puglya
Puglya, a Marathi film, has won the ‘Best Foreign Language Feature’ at the Moscow International Film Festival 2021. The achievement continues Puglya’s immensely successful international stint as the movie has been winning accolades at foreign festivals. Director Vinod Sam Peter’s movie is about a pug and two boys.
4. Which state government has released first installment worth Rs 672 crores under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for students?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer (a) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on April 19, 2021 released the first installment worth Rs 672 crores under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for the year 2021-22. A total of 10.88 lakh students will benefit from this.
5. Which Indian weightlifter has created a new world record in Clean and Jerk?
a) Mirabai Chanu
b) Jeremy Lalrinnunga
c) Jhili Dalabehera
d) S Sathish Kumar
Answer (a)Mirabai Chanu
Indian weightlifter Mirabai Chanu created a new world record on April 17, 2021 in Clean and Jerk after she lifted 119 kg at the Asian Weightlifting Championships in Tashkent.