1. Which vaccine manufacturer has said its vaccine has been found to be 100 percent in prevent COVID-19 among adolescents?
Answer (a) Moderna
Moderna announced on May 25, 2021 that various studies have shown that its COVID-19 vaccine is 100 percent effective in preventing COVID-19 infection among adolescents aged between 12 and 17 years.
2. Mount Nyiragongo erupted after almost two decades on May 22, 2021. The active volcano is located within which nation?
a) Democratic Republic of Congo
Answer (a) Democratic Republic of Congo
Mount Nyiragongo erupted in the Democratic Republic of Congo on May 22, 2021 after almost two decades, forcing thousands to flee their homes. The lava destroyed more than 500 homes on the outskirts on Goma city but the city at large was saved.
3. Which state’s Chief Minister inaugurated a drive-in COVID-19 vaccination centre on May 26th?
Answer (b) Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated a drive-in COVID19 vaccination centre in the national capital on May 26, 2021. The drive-in vaccination centre has been set up by the Delhi government in partnership with Akash Healthcare Super Hospital.
4. AAP has launched ‘Doctor Helpline’ for information on COVID, Black Fungus in which state?
Answer (b) Delhi
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) launched a ‘Doctor Helpline’ campaign on May 25, 2021 to deal with COVID-19 and Black Fungus (Mucormycosis) infections in Punjab. Under this campaign, the party has launched a helpline number -782-727-5743 through which one can get information about the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection.
5. Who has been appointed as the new CBI Chief?
a) Rakesh Asthana
b) YC Modi
c) Subodh Jaiswal
d) SS Deswal
Answer (c) Subodh Jaiswal
Senior IPS officer Subodh Kumar Jaiswal was on May 25, 2021 appointed as the new CBI director for two years, as per the personnel ministry order. A three-member selection committee led by PM Narendra Modi on May 24, 2021, had shortlisted Jaiswal’s name for the position of director, Central Bureau of Investigation.