1. Oxford Economics has lowered India’s GDP growth rate for 2021 to how much?
a) 9 percent
b) 8.7 percent
c) 9.5 percent
d) 10.2 percent
Answer (d) 10.2 percent
Global forecasting firm Oxford Economics on April 26, 2021, lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for 2021 to 10.2 percent from 11.8 percent.The firm cited that the lack of a convincing government strategy to contain the coronavirus pandemic and the country’s escalating health burden prompted them to downgrade India’s 2021 GDP growth forecast.
2. Which state government has planned to provide ten lakh tap water connections in FY 2021-22?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
Answer (a) Gujarat
Gujarat government announced on April 27, 2021 that it has planned to provide ten lakh tap water connections in this financial year under Jal Jeevan Mission. The state government also reiterated its commitment to achieving Har Ghar Jal target by 2022-23.
3. Justice Rajesh Bindal has been appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of which High Court?
Answer (c) Calcutta
Justice Rajesh Bindal has been appointed by President Ram Nath Kovind as the Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court. He will succeed Chief Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan, who is scheduled to retire on April 29, 2021.
4. Delhi Government is importing 21 ready-to-use Oxygen plants from which nation?
Answer (c) France
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced during a press conference on April 27, 2021 that the state will be setting up 44 oxygen plants in Delhi within one month, of which 21 ready-to-use oxygen plants will be imported from France. The imported plants will be installed at different hospitals and this will help in resolving Oxygen crisis in those hospitals.
5. When is the last phase of West Bengal Elections scheduled to be held?
a) April 28th
b) April 29th
c) April 30th
d) May 1st
Answer (b) April 29th
The polling for the eighth and the last phase of West Bengal Elections will be held on April 29, 2021. Under the final phase, 35 assembly constituencies will go to polls.