1. PM Modi has sanctioned the procurement of how many portable oxygen concentrators under PM Cares Fund?
Answer (b) 100000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 28, 2021 sanctioned the procurement of one lakh portable oxygen concentrators from the PM Cares Fund. 500 new PSA oxygen plants have also been sanctioned in addition to the earlier sanctioned 713 Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) plants.
2. What is SII’s new vaccine price for state governments?
a) Rs 200
b) Rs 150
c) Rs 300
d) Rs 350
Answer (c) Rs 300
The Serum Institute of India (SII) on April 28, 2021 slashed the price of its Covishield vaccine for state governments from earlier Rs 400 per dose to Rs 300 per dose. The move came after the centre asked both Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech to lower the price of their Covid-19 vaccines amid protest and criticism from states.
3. Who has been appointed as the first women officer commanding in Border Roads Organisation?
a) Vaishali S Hiwase
b) Sayanthani Siwali
c) Neha Gorpade
d) Sakshi Singh
Answer (a) Vaishali S Hiwase
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) India on April 28, 2021, announced that Vaishali S Hiwase will become the first woman officer to be appointed as Officer Commanding in the Border Roads Organisation (BRO), India.
4. What is India’s rank on Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) 2021?
Answer (d) 49th
India has been ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) 2021 among 104 countries in terms of government capabilities and outcomes. India’s index score stood at 0.516.
5. Reliance Foundation will set up 1000-bedded COVID care facilities in which city?
Answer (a) Jamnagar
Reliance Foundation has decided to set up 1,000 bedded COVID care facilities with oxygen supply in Jamnagar. All the services will be free of cost for citizens and the entire cost of setting up and running the facilities will be borne by Reliance. The facilities are expected to provide relief to people living in Jamnagar, Dwarka, Khambhalia, Porbandar and other regions of Saurashtra.