1. Which of the following is the India’s first domestic cruise?[A] Dhruv [B] Angriya [C] Parry [D] Tarangini
Answer: B [Angriya]
Notes: India’s first domestic cruise ‘Angriya’ has recently been flagged off from Mumbai to Goa on October 20 to boost the country’s lagging cruise service sector. The cruise has six decks and 104 cabins.
2. What is the India’s rank in the valuable nation brand list, according to Brand Finance’s Nation Brand report 2018?[A] 7th [B] 8th [C] 9th [D] 6th
Answer: C [9th ]
Notes: India has been ranked as the 9th most valuable nation brand in the world, according to UK-based consultancy Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2018 report. Despite, India lost one spot to rank, its brand value increased by 5% to $2,159 billion.
3. Who has been honoured with the 19th Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration?[A] Fali S. Nariman [B] Bindeshwar [C] D K Srivastava [D] Ajit Doval
Answer: A [Fali S. Nariman]
Notes: On October 22, renowned jurist Fali S. Nariman has been honoured with the 19th Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration for year 2018 by the Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu.
4. Sittwe Port, which is in news recently, is located in which country?[A] Sri Lanka [B] Myanmar [C] India [D] Bangladesh
Answer: B [Myanmar]
Notes: The Sittwe Port is a deepwater port at the mouth of the Kaladan River in Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine State in Myanmar.
5. Which UN organization is supporting the Green Climate Fund (GCF), which has recently approved $43 million for India’s coastal communities?[A] UNHC [B] WHO [C] UNCTAD [D] UNDP
Answer: D [UNDP]
Notes: On October 21, the UN-backed Green Climate Fund (GCF) approved $43.4 million for enhancing climate resilience for millions of people living in India’s coastal communities in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Odisha as part of its efforts to combat extreme impacts of climate change.