- Try Using Personal Vehicle Rather Public Transport
For commuting on the day of interview try to use your personal vehicle rather than public transport.
- Be Punctual
Come for the interview on time. If you come late then you will be screwing your entire interview. If you arrive late then I can only say better luck next time!
- First Impression is the Last Impression
In an Interview it is the first impression that matters. If clothes are ugly or you arrive late then you do not make a good impression on the Interviewers.
- Carry all Relevant Documents
Carry all important documents for the interview. It could be your certificates and other documents that interviews might ask.
- Bring Less Things to Interview
Avoid carrying unnecessary luggage to Interview. Less things means less tension.
- Avoid talking to Rest of the Candidates before Giving Interview
This is very important. Do not talk with rest of the candidates who have also come for the same interview. It might divert your attention and they may scare you.
- Give Interview with an Open Mind
Your mind should be open without any negativity. It is easy to come negative thoughts so have an open mind.
- Make a Decent Entry – Ask for Permission
As I said earlier first impression is the last impression. Hence, while entering the room you must follow all the protocols required for an interview.
- While Giving Interview Ask Permission for Everything – Sitting, Drinking etc
In an interview ask permission before you do anything. If you want to drink water and the glass of water is in front of you then ask permission. Do not drink without permission.
- Understand and Know About Interview Protocol
If you are not groomed for small things that I mentioned above then it is good that first you become familiar with protocols or etiquettes for giving an interview.
11. Your Pitching should be Perfect
Pitching is nothing but how you start your conversation with the interviewers. It must be perfect so that entire interview would go well.
12. Always Greet With Good Morning or any Salutation
Pitching can only be good if you greet interviewers with Good Morning. Never forget to wish.
13. Most Perfect Pitching is When You Give a Long Introduction of Yourself
Take this is as an advice. Prepare the most elaborate introduction of yourself. Introduction is the first thing that will asked wherever you go.
If your introduction is eloquent then your prospects to clear that interview is more. Self-introduction is very important.
Longer the introduction the better it is.
14. Present Yourself like an Open Book
Do not hide anything about yourself. Let your interviewers know everything about you. You can share about your family and other details. It will help you to gain confidence of interviewers.
15. While Talking to Interviewers Always Look into their Eyes and then Talk
In an interview you have to know small things. While talking to interviewers, look into their eyes and then talk. Otherwise they would not take you seriously.
16. Words and Actions Must go Hand in Hand
Whenever you are talking, try to explain them with action. Always move your hand and make other expressions. It makes you more expressive and you can grab interviewer’s attention quickly.
17. Always Use Formal Form of English Language
While talking, use formal English. Do not use words like Ya, Yep, etc. It is good to be formal.
18. Never Use ifs and buts.
Avoid using words like but. Instead of it use However. Also do not use word “No” too often. Use it only when it is necessary.
19. Put Yourself in Commanding Position but do NOT Hijack the Interview
In entire interview you should be in commanding position and you should dictate the terms. But do not try to hijack the interview. It will prove negative for you.
20. You Must be Less Talkative
Do not be talkative. A healthy conversation is good however talking too much can irritate interviewers.