World Economy General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- A common currency for the members of the Common Market in Europe is known as
Ans : Eurodollar
- Which is the biggest toy retail chain in the world?
Ans : Toys R US
- What is the code name given to the collective international action under UN authority to protect the Libyan people against Muammar Gaddafis forces?
Ans : Operation Odyssey Dawn
- The BRICS economies are
Ans : Brazil, Russia, India,China, South Africa
- A recession is a situation when the level of economic activity (real GDP) has fallen for at least
Ans : Two consecutive quarters
- Which country is the biggest exporter in the world (in US$ terms, 2008)?
Ans : Germany
- Which country in the world consumes the most electricity?
Ans : USA
- Which country has the higest rate of homeownership?
Ans : Spain
- Which country is the most competitive in the world ( as reported by the world Economic Forum)?
- How many countries are members of Association of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN)?
ASns : 10 members
- How many countries are members of the European Union?
Ans : 27
- How many countries are there in Africa?
Ans : 54
- Which Business School’s Economics Department was ranked 3rd in the world in the 2009 FT Global MBA Ranking?
Ans : Cranfield
- From 1929 to 1932, economic activity in the USA fell by a total of :
Ans : 31%
- The three largest oil producing countries are in the world are?
Ans : Saudi Arabia, Russia and USA
- Who is called the father of Economics?
Ans : Adam Smith
- In which year was the new currency Euro introduced ?
Ans : 1999
- The purpose of the World bank is to?
Ans : Give international loans for development purposes
- Which country is estimated to have Worlds largest Shale gas reserve?
- world’s largest producer of uranium
Ans : Canada