1.In a 100 metrees race, A beats B by 10 metres and C by 1 metre. In a race of 180 metres, B will beat C by:
- In a 100 metres race A can give B 10 metres and C 28 metres. In the same race B can give C:
- In a 100 metres race, A can beat B by 25 metres and B can beat C by 4 metres in the same rcae A can beat C by:
- A can beat B by 31 metres and C by 18 metres in a race of 200 metres. In a race of 350 metres C will beat B by:
- In a 500 metres race, the ratio of speeds of two contestants A and B is 3:4 A has a start of 140 metres. Then, A wins by:
- A runs 1 times as fast as B. If A gives B a start of 60 metres, how far must the winning post be in order that A and B reach it at the same time?
- A can run 20 metres while B runs 25 metres. In a km. race B beats A by:
- A and B take part in a 100 metres race. A runs at 5 km per hour A give B a start of 8 metres and still beats him by 8 seconds. Speed of B is:
- In a 300 metres race A beats B by 15 metres or 5 seconds. A’s time over the course is
- A can run 100 metres in 27 seconds and B in 30 seconds. A will beat B by
- A can run a kilometer in 4 min. 54 sec. and B in 5 min. How many metres start can A give B in a km race so that the race may end in a dead heat?
- In a game of 100 points A can give B 20 points and C 28 points. Then B can give C:
- At a game of billiards A can give B 15 points in 60 and A can give C 20 in 60. How many can B give C in a game of 90?
- A boat covers 24 km upstream and 36 km downstream in 6 hours while it covers 36 km upstream and 24 km downstream in 6 hours. The velocity of the current is :
- A man can row downstream at 14 km/hr and upstream at 9 km/hr. Man?s rate in still water is :
D.none of these
- A boat goes 40 km upstream in 8 hours and 36 km downstream in 6 hours. The speed of the boat in standing water is :
- The speed upstream be 1 km/hr, then speed of the stream is :
D.none of these
- If a man’s rate with the current is 12 km/hr and the rate of the current is 1.5 km/hr, then man’s rate against the current is :
- The current of a stream runs at 1 km/hr. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back again to the starting point in 12 hours. The speed of motorboat in still water is :
- Speed of a boat in standing water is 6 km/hr and the speed of the stream is 1.5 km/hr A man rows to a place at a distance of 22.5 km and comes back to the starting point. The total time taken by him :
A.6 hrs 30 min.
B.8 hrs 24 min.
D.4 hrs 12 min.
1.ANSWER : D
2.ANSWER : B
3.ANSWER : C
4.ANSWER : D
5.ANSWER : C
6.ANSWER : C
8.ANSWER : D
9.ANSWER : B
10.ANSWER : B
11.ANSWER : A
12.ANSWER : D
13.ANSWER : C
14.ANSWER : C
15.ANSWER : C
16.ANSWER : C
17.ANSWER : C
18.ANSWER : A
19.ANSWER : A
20.ANSWER : C