- Which country has recently announced to withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces-INF Treaty?
ANSWER: a. US
The treaty was signed between US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev during the Cold War in 1987 to limit the powers of both conventional and nuclear medium-range missiles. In order to withdraw from this treaty, it was mandatory to give information to the parties involved 6 months ago, that is why the US started the process of withdrawing from the treaty from February 1, 2019. Under this 500 to 5500 km All kinds of range of ballistic and cruise missiles were banned for development, production and deployment.
- How many central public sector establishments announced the establishment of Khanij Bidesh India Ltd.-KABIL to ensure supply of important minerals to India’s domestic market?
d. None of these
ANSWER: a. 3
Minerals Bidesh India Limited (Khanij Bidesh India Ltd.-KABIL) will be set up in partnership with National Aluminum Company Limited (NALCO), Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL) and Mineral Exploration Company Limited (MECL). ‘KABIL’ will undertake the identification, acquisition, exploration, development, mining and processing of important minerals abroad for commercial use and domestic requirements.
- When is World Breastfeeding Week organized worldwide each year?
a 1 to 7 August
b. 6 to 13 August
c. 13 to 17 August
d. 16 to 21 August
ANSWER: a. From 1 to 7 August
in each year 1 to 7 August, the world held the world breastfeeding week. This year, the purpose of this day is to make people aware of the shortcomings of schemes related to breastfeeding and to inform them about the expenditure on health of mother and baby due to inadequate breastfeeding.
- How many people will be scanned under the Human Genome Mapping Project announced by the Central Government?
ANSWER: c. 20,000
Under this project, 20,000 people will be scanned in the next five years. Its purpose is to find the cure for deadly diseases like cancer and to provide treatment to patients in time.
- Recently which Indian woman player has won a gold medal in the wrestling competition being played in Warsaw?
a Babita Kumari
b. Sakshi Malik
c. Kavita Devi
d. Vinesh Phogat
ANSWER: d. Vinesh Phogat
India’s famous female wrestler Vinesh Phogat won the gold medal in the women’s 53kg at the Poland Open Wrestling tournament in Warsaw. This is his third consecutive gold medal in this weight class. This 24-year-old player defeated local wrestler Rukasana 3-2 in the final.