1. Which Indian cricketer has become the first one to have 100 million followers on Instagram?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Sachin Tendulkar
c) Virat Kohli
d) Rohit Sharma
Answer (c) Virat Kohli
Indian skipper Virat Kohli became the first cricketer to hit 100 million followers on photo and video sharing social networking platform Instagram on March 1, 2021. With this, the cricketer joined the 100 million club, which includes names of some of the esteemed global celebrities including Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Beyonce, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Ariana Grande.
2. Which nation is hosting the multinational exercise ‘Desert Flag’?
a) Saudi Arabia
Answer (b) UAE
The United Arab Emirates will be hosting the multinational exercise Desert Flag, which will involve ten countries including the United States (US), France, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain. Six Su-30-MKI fighters and two C-17s from the Indian Air Force will join the exercise.
3. The central government will be forming a Centre of Excellence in gaming and other related areas in collaboration with which Institute?
a) IIT Kanpur
b) IIT Delhi
c) IIT Bombay
d) IIT Madras
Answer (c) IIT Bombay
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry in collaboration with IIT Bombay has decided to form a Centre of Excellence in gaming and other related areas. The Centre will promote games created in India that promote Indian values, heritage and cultural ethos.
4. India has decided to provide 1 lakh HCQ tablets, 1,000 metric tonnes rice to which country?
Answer (b) Madagascar
The Indian Government on March 1, 2021 announced that it will send a consignment comprising 1 lakh tablets of Hydroxychloroquine and 1,000 metric tonnes of rice to drought-hit Madagascar in East Africa.
5. Which Indian cricketer has been nominated for ICC Men’s Player of the Month award for February?
a) Ishant Sharma
b) Rishab Pant
c) Virat Kohli
d) R Ashwin
Answer (d) R Ashwin
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has been nominated for the International Cricket Council (ICC) men’s Player of the Month (February) award. England skipper Joe Root and West Indies all-rounder Kyle Mayers have also been nominated alonside Ashwin for the award. India wicket-keeper Rishabh Pant had won the men’s award in January, while the women’s award went to South Africa’s Shabnim Ismail.