1. Which state’s Chief Minister has asked centre to do away with age restrictions for COVID-19 vaccination?
Answer (c) Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also wrote to the centre on April 5th, urging the government to do away with age restrictions so that all adults can be inoculated. He stated that if the centre removes the age limit restrictions the Delhi will be able to vaccinate all its citizens in just three months.
2. Delhi government has imposed a night curfew till when?
a) April 30th
b) April 15th
c) April 11th
d) April 25th
Answer (a) April 30th
The Delhi Government on April 6, 2021 imposed a night curfew in the national capital with immediate effect till April 30, 2021. The night curfew has been imposed from 10 pm to 5 am to control the worsening COVID-19 situation.
3. Which state has become the first one to give health insurance scheme to all its residents?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
Answer (d) Rajasthan
The Government of Rajasthan on April 1, 2021, launched its cashless ‘mediclaim’ scheme for each family of the state. The state government started the registration for its Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme. Under the latest health scheme, each family of the state will get an annual insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh.
4. Which nation has registered the world’s first-ever COVID-19 vaccine for animals?
Answer (c) Russia
Russia has registered Carnivac-Cov, the world’s first-ever COVID-19 vaccine for animals was registered recently by Russia. The vaccine is expected to provide immunity to animals from coronavirus for at least six months after vaccination.
5. Which nation’s President has signed a law enabling him to run for President again?
d) Sri Lanka
Answer (a) Russia
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin on April 5, 2021, gave his final approval to the legislation that allows him to hold office for two additional 6-year terms. It gives him the possibility to stay in power till 2036.