1. India is ready to play a constructive and meaningful role to end the conflict in which among the following countries?
Answer (b) Syria
India said on January 20, 2021 that it is ready to play a “constructive and meaningful” role in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) towards completely ending the Syrian conflict.
2. Who has become the first Second Gentleman of the United States?
a) Doung Emhoff
b) Mike Pence
c) Donald Trump
d) None of the above
Answer (a) Doung Emhoff
Kamala Harris created history on January 20, 2021 by becoming the first female, African-American and Asian-American to be sworn in as Vice President of the United States. Her husband Doung Emhoff has also become the first-ever ‘second gentlemen’ of the United States.
3. Which state government has granted COVID-19 relief aid worth Rs 10,000 each to 407 labourers?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer (a) Delhi
The Delhi Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board on January 20, 2021 granted COVID-19 relief disbursement worth Rs 10,000 each to 407 construction workers out of a total of 39,600 workers under the directions of Deputy Chief Minister and State Labour Minister Manish Sisodia.
4. Which state assembly has rejected the resolution to remove Speaker?
Answer (c) Kerala
Kerala Assembly rejected a resolution to remove Speaker P Sreeramakrishnan on January 21, 2021, prompting a walkout from the Opposition United Democratic Front (UDF). The resolution was moved by UDF MLA M Ummer.
5. Which nation has decided to sanction 28 American officials including former State Secretary Michael Pompeo?
a) North Korea
Answer (b) China
The Chinese government has announced that it has decided to sanction 28 American officials of the former Trump administration which includes former State Secretary Michael Pompeo for violating Beijing’s sovereignty.