Indian Constitution-General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- The council of Ministers of the National Capital Territory of Delhi shall consist of not more than
Ans : 10 Ministers
- District Judges in a State are appointed by the
Ans : Governor
- According to the provisions of the Constitution, the administrative control(posting, promotion, leave etc.) over the district courts and other subordinate courts, shall be vested in the
Ans : High Court
- If a stay order has been granted by the High Court in a case, the application of the affected party by such an order shall be disposed of by the High Court within a period of
Ans : Two week
- The power to make rules for the transaction of the business of the Government of Indian and for the allocation of business among Ministers lies with the
Ans : President
- Which Union territory send their members to the Council of States?
Ans : Pondicherry and Delhi
- According to Article 243 of the Constitution, the Panchayats at the intermediate level may not be constituted in a State which has a population
Ans : Not exceeding 20 lakhs
8.The power to determine the number of judges in a High Court lies with the
Ans : President of India
- The Point of Order in a parliamentary practice involves
Ans : The question of rules of procedure not followed in a particular matter
- How many members are nominated by the Governor in the Legislative Council of a State?
Ans : 1/12 of the total membership
- What is the maximum limit of total membership of the Legislative Council of a State?
Ans : 1/3 of the total membership of the Legislative Assembly
- Which of the following categories of members are represented in the Legislative Council of a State?
Ans : Representatives of Municipalities, Representatives of teachers, Representatives of graduates
- The members of the Legislative Council appointed by the Governor shall have special knowledge or practical experience in respect of such matters as
Ans : Literature, Science, Art, Co-operative movement and Social Service
- In which State in India, is a certain amount of grants paid out of the Consolidated Fund of the State for the maintenance of some Hindu temples and shrines, as per the provisions of the Constitution?
Ans : Tamilnadu
- The President of India can issue a proclamation of National Emergency only on the written recommendation of
Ans : The Cabinet consisting of only Cabinet Ministers of the Union
- Under the provisions of Article 343 of the Constitution, Hindi was declared the official language of the Union. But the use of English language was allowed to continue for the official purpose of the Union for a period of
Ans : 15 years
- Which category of minority have been recognized by the Constitution of India?
Ans : Religious minorities and Linguistic minorities
18 How many times has the proclamation of National Emergency been enforced in India?
Ans : Three times
- At present, how many members of the Lok Sabha can be elected from Union Territories?
Ans : 20
20 The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India is removed from his office by ?
Ans : The President on the basis of a resolution passed by both the Houses of Parliament by special majority
- Which schedule of the Constitution make special provisions for the administration and control of scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes?
Ans : Fifth Schedule
- Which schedule of the Constitution makes provisions for the administration of Tribal Areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram?
Ans : Sixth Schedule
- A major portion of the Constitution of India is derived from the
Ans : Government of India Act, 1935
- A Bill passed by the Legislative Assembly of a State can be delayed by the Legislative Council for a maximum period of?
Ans : Three month
- According to the provisions of Article 243, which category of person do not have mandatory reservations of seats in Panchayats?
Ans : Backward Classes
26.The minimum age prescribed for election as a member of panchayat is
Ans : 21 years