1.What country is also known as Persia?
Ans : Iran
2. In what country would you find Mount Kilimanjaro?
Ans : Tanzania
3. What major river flows through the Grand Canyon?
Ans : Colorado River
4. What name is given to the northeast part of China?
Ans : Manchuria
5. What is the main island of Japan?
Ans : Honshu
6. In what city is the Brandenburg Gate located?
Ans : Berlin
7. In what country would you find the city of Limerick?
Ans : Ireland
8. What well-known mountain pass connects Pakistan and Afghanistan?
Ans : Khyber Pass
9. What volcano exploded in 1883 with the force of 200 megatons of TNT?
Ans : Krakatoa
10. Old Trafford stadium is located near what major city?
Ans : Manchester
11. Ceylon is the former name of what country?
Ans : Sri Lanka
12. What city was once called New Amsterdam?
Ans : New York City
13. What valley is the site of the Earth’s highest-ever recorded temperature, 134°F?
Ans : Death Valley
14. Albania and Serbia are located on what peninsula?
Ans : Balkan
15. What is Pakistan’s longest river?
Ans : Indus River
16. What strait divides Morocco and Spain?
Ans : Strait of Gibraltar
17. By surface area, what is the largest of Africa’s great lakes?
18. What country is often described as being shaped like a boot?
19.What is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
20. What canal connects the Red and Mediterranean Seas?
21.Which is the world’s largest orphan & abandoned children charity?
Ans : SOS Chilidren’s Villages UK
22.Island Aviation Services is the Government run airlines of ?
Ans : Maldives
23. In which country is the Hillary-Tenzing Airport situated?
Ans : Nepal
24. Name the country which is the craddle of western classic music, known as ‘The land of music’?
Ans : Austria
25. Which country is the leading egg producer in the world?
Ans : China
26. Which gorge in Nepal is deepest in the world?
Ans : Kali Gandaki Gorge (Andha Galchi)